Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought a Civic HX and they motor swapped it to a d16y7 but they kept the old harness and ecu so it throws vtec malfunction code. I recently just bought the right ecu for the motor but the ecu is obd2a and I need a ecu jumper harness from OBD2a to OBD2b and it seems like no one makes them and if they did then it’s expensive. If anyone can find a 2a to 2b ecu jumper harness for less than $130 send a link.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,836 Posts
couple of options

1) find a proper obd2a ecu.
2) dont be cheap and buy a jumper.
3) swap an hx head back on.

according to google, even walmart sells the jumper youre looking for.

Reactions: iDrxpz and robgoof

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I bought a Civic HX and they motor swapped it to a d16y7 but they kept the old harness and ecu so it throws vtec malfunction code. I recently just bought the right ecu for the motor and a ecu jumper harness from 2a to 2b because it still has the old harness and that’s the only way it would fit into the ecu. So with the old ecu I had it would start but I can’t keep it because it would still have that vtec code. So when i swapped the ecu and tried to start the car it will start but then it’ll die instantly. Any Ideas on what I should do? And also after I switched out the ECU it throws one code and it’s P1509 IACV High RPM. The ECU I switched from was P2P to P2E

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,836 Posts
why didnt you buy an obd2a ecu? what injectors are being used? timed correctly? jumper correct?

oh look, the same thread.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
why didnt you buy an obd2a ecu? what injectors are being used? timed correctly? jumper correct?

oh look, the same thread.
I can’t find any obd2a for p2e. Idk what injectors and how can I tell if it’s timed correctly? If I use the old ecu and it starts would it mean the timing is still good? Or do I have to get the ecu tuned? And yes the jumper is correct.

And yeah haha appreciate you for helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts