Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 624 Posts

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone and new here (first thread on this forum) and i wanted to not just show everyone my Honda but also show how i got it and how it seats now and whats in the future for my Honda.
first some info...
it's a 96 honda civic hatch DX auto

here's where it all started

car needed axles all the front ball joints and a really good cleaning inside

i then dropped the car. just cut the springs for now, and cleaned up the valve cover.

car how is seating today. i painted the rims, gave the paint a good waxing.

now that the car is up and running the real fun can start....

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i was thinking a doing a gsr swap but after doing some math and research i decided to go turbo. so I'll be going faster so i need to stop better and faster so i did a read disc brake conversion...

rear disc i got for $150 from a guy i found in a diff forum that owns a shop.
the bearings looked like they where new so all i did was buy new pads and rotors, and cleaned them up.

the hatch on the lift at my work, bye bye rear drums!

halfway there....

hello rear disc! yes my brakes are blue

wheels on, after completely bleeding the brakes and test driving the car.
car was then parked in front of the shop. the hole swap took me about half a day (i did it all myself no help, it was also my first time doing anything like this)

·
ministry of mayhem!
93 honda integra
5,680 Posts
welcome to the d.

nice hatch!

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
alright everyone since i'll be staying with the engine that means i got to swap out the auto for a 5 speed. but i wanted todo something to make it look diff then just a 5 speed trans so here is what came out....

this is my new (new to me) 5 speed after a good greasing and pressure cleaning, after seeing the trans mounts i thought why not paint them to do something different

after i got the mounts all painted up a put them on the 5 speed and it made it look better but i will be needing to paint the trans too

pic of the trans all painted/ with trans mounts too
as i was finishing up the trans i got a gift from the ups guy

my stage 2 clutch from competition clutch, i was thinking of getting something strong but i will not be racing the car on the drag stripe much and it is my DD so i want with a stage 2 also am not looking in making alot of power with 160-180 i'll be happy. pic's of the trans instill will come after next week

·
Registered
2006 scion xb rs 4.0
32 Posts
good looking car was the rear disc a pretty straight swap i'm looking to do one once I get my hatch de-riced/widebody kit taken off

·
Registered
ej6
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
good looking car was the rear disc a pretty straight swap i'm looking to do one once I get my hatch de-riced/widebody kit taken off
it was pretty straight but i never done it before and i thought i could use the same lower control arms (the rear disc came from a 96 gsr i think) and the ones that it had was to long. so i had to take the ones i had one the hatch and put them on witch slowed me down a little but is was still pretty easy.

·
Registered
1999 EJ8
1,188 Posts
Everything is cleaning up real nice!

Are you still rockin' the cut springs? :nono:

1 - 20 of 624 Posts