Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i bought a Civic EF that was suposed to have a D14 dual carb engine, and it had a D13 one carb only engine...

But who cares, i got a 2 keihin carb setup and fitted it to my D13...made a direct exhaust line, just with the silencer...it got better but as i suck in carb tuning etc, it has a bit of a poor mileage, and as i plan on going turbo, it would be a pain in the ass to tune, etc

As i wanted to learn ECU tuning etc, i thought why not, and yesterday i bought a D15B intake mani, TB, injectors etc, loom, ECU, and i still need a fuel pump cuz the mecanic one obviously doesnt work :bs:

Then when i get it running ill start fabbing the turbo exhaust mani (allready started but my mig welder decided to fail me)

I have a KKK K24 turbo from a GOLF 1.6 TDI, am going to bypass its wastegate, and use a external wastegate.

Im missing a connector to the oil feed line.

What will i need to plug the ECU of the D15 to, in order to make my car work with the MPFI intake mani?

Cheers and pics soon

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh and what about distributor, will i need one? Hope not :l

Cheers

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well nobody can help me heh :l next month gonna buy a d15b vtec head and dizzy and make a d13 minime, just missing that and the fuel pump hehe

·
Registered
ed7
399 Posts
e careful about compression, d13 pistons are doomed, maybe even more than d14...

d13 has weakest rods so if you decide going turbo better think about whole swap

and yes you need dizzy, engine harness, ecu, intake manifold, cam gear, fuel pump...

·
Registered
495 Posts
Oh and what about distributor, will i need one? Hope not :l

Cheers
You need to deliver a spark through the spark plug. Many ways: Distributors (Mechanical or Electrical), Coil on Plugs (w/ at least a 4:1 crank sensor..?), compression (Diesel). I vote you use a stock'ish distributor and fit it to the engine somehow.

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I probably need other engine mounts to mount a d15 to my car, this is much simpler i think...

So all im still needing is dizzy, cam gear, and fuel pump.

Im not going for alot of pressure, no more than 0.4 bar

If you can convince-me to swap a d15 ill do it, but untill now all i have is disadvantages:
Have to buy it, means money
Engine mounts, means money
Much more work for sure

Advantages:
Stronger\bigger engine.

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
e careful about compression, d13 pistons are doomed, maybe even more than d14...

d13 has weakest rods so if you decide going turbo better think about whole swap

and yes you need dizzy, engine harness, ecu, intake manifold, cam gear, fuel pump...
I cant tell but i really think the rods and pistons from the d13 are equal to the d14's, same piston size etc, but im not sure

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Some sort of story :p
The first picture of it i ever seen, the previous owner sent it to me

When i first bought it it came without cluth, i mean it had a cluth, sort of xD it was ruined, really bad.

Wheels down, clutch assembled

First trip after assembly

The beast xD

Honda, what else?

Make some nooooise

Stock vs Guga Mode

xD

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Found out the mounts are equal, now need to find this out, will a gearbox from a D13 or D14 fit a D15 or D16 block'

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Holy sh*t awesome xD im just missing a d15 or b16 block+head and dizzy...

Going to search heheh
Cheers

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Found a guy that has a d16 block head and dizzy, its a d16a vtec engine...should fit i hope :p 75 to 130hp its a good performance improvement eh eh :p just need the money for it now :)

·
Registered
Civic EF9
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What about spark sensor to make the dizzy fire? (To make the 1.3 EFI just while i wait for the rest of the parts.)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts