Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 hatch
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont know where to look, although i tried searching, but is the wiring for the 92-95 civic cx different from the dx and si? like if i were to swap in a z6, what would need to be done for it to work properly(how it should if it came with the car)? correct me if im wrong but arent the dx's already wired for vtec and its a plug and play for the p28?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
The Cx wireing is close to the DX, I think the O2 sensor is differant if that. You will have to add the wireing for VTEC, but that's about it.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
correct me if im wrong but arent the dx's already wired for vtec and its a plug and play for the p28?
i want to!!

dx = no vtac = no vtac wires

i know this for a fact cus i have a dx ;)

the ecu plugs are the same so ur good there :TU:

·
Registered
same
311 Posts
The Cx wireing is close to the DX, I think the O2 sensor is differant if that. You will have to add the wireing for VTEC, but that's about it.
x2 the cx o2 sensor is 1 wire and an ex, dx, si, etc is 4 wire. and wire vtec

·
Registered
A space ship
628 Posts
Some cars came with vtec wired from the engine bay to the ecu, some dont, you have to check. CX has 1 wire o2, not 4. If you have a shift light it will always be on while your driving if you switch trannys.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
some early 92 civics were wired for vtec.

just add in the vtec wiring to the ecu like i did in mine. that is all that was added to my cx chassis harness. i used the z6 engine harness and everything was plug and play. pinned the vtec wiring to the chassis plug and the ecu plug.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts