Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to a junk yard and found a front bumper with the clear fog lights and I took the whole bumper and wiring but now I'm having a hard time figuing out what goes where. most of the wiring goes under the dash The only thing that goes out to the foglights is one wire. BLUE/RED. By the headlights is where my ground gets bolted up.
Now I have the green plug that goes to the switch whitch has a RED,RED/BLACK,BLACK,PINK/WHITE,PINK/YELLOW Wires. then I have a brown plug that I suppose goes to my relay that has a BLACK,BLUE/RED,PINK/WHITE,PINK/YELLOW wires. then i have the inline fuse with a PINK/WHITE and a FAT PINK/WHIE wire
It also has BLACK, BLACK, RED, RED/BLACK WIRES THAT GO TO 2 PLUGS. And each plugs have matching color/position of wires. i think is just a loop. (might get pluged into each other ?)
Now my real problen is the last 2 plugs. two big plugs with a PINK/BLUE,PINK/GREEN,WHITE/WHITE,PINK/WHITE,BLUE/RED/PINK WIRES AND THE OTHER HAS THE SAME.
do I just cut the fat PINK/WHITE wire to a constant 12 volt wire ? THE BIG PLUGS i only have one in my car thats why i'm lost I have pics but don't know how to post them

Attachments

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
are you talking about the double-ended harness in the 3rd pic? that goes inline with your turn signal/headlight harness at teh stalk.

clear up the question a lil and i can prolly help you i had a OEM fog kit in my ek

lmk

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I figured it out. After sitting here and searching I remember how I pulled everything apart. Yeah the double ended harness goes to my lights/turnsignal switch. One end to the harness and one to the switch. Then the inline fuse got mounted to the fuse box on the lower right corner and the lead for the relay goes to the fuse box, The relay was mounted next to another relay. The BLUE/RED wire went to the fogs.
Now I have some questions :
How do I replace the bulbs in the fogs ? Its an h3 bulb right ? do I have to pull the bumper back off ?
Also In the pic below does anybody know If I have to just plug those two ends together ?

Attachments

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
do I have to pull the bumper back off ?
Also In the pic below does anybody know If I have to just plug those two ends together ?
yes...the fog light assembly itself must be taken apart to get to the bulb

i dont know about the second question

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so I figured out how to change the bulb. And jumping the fogs to the battery they work. So now I still need to get the relay, because I forgot to get it at the junkyard and I can test if everything works. I have everything installed.

·
Registered
Del sol
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got them working. The last plug that I couldn't figure out went to the dimmer switch. So now the fog switch has illumination and I can dim it. The only thing that sucks that because its a oem harness I can have the fogs with hi beams or with only the corners on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts