Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just wanted to know what you guys thought about chipping a p28 on a stock z6 is it worth it?

·
Registered
891 Posts
It is if you want cool features like launch control. You're not gonna see any real gains with stock. Other thing is that you'll need a wideband to even utilize the chipping process and I hope you're good. I fried the first ECU I was trying to chip. Luckily it was just a P06 I had lying around. SEARCH...SEARCH...SEARCH...before you get flamed upon.

·
Registered
818 Posts
there is a couple of how to's here in the forum...just try searching a bit :)

is it worth it...i would say yes

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea its worth it. If you ever want to switch to any other obd1 motor all you have to do is change your basemap by reburning your chip or getting a new chip with the base map that you need and plus all the tuning you will need if your planning on boosting or any other mods

·
Registered
In circles.LOL
862 Posts
i used the diy chiping an ecu thread on this site and ordered a chiping kit from xenocron.I had three ecu's so i thought i might try it.the thread is great,and helped me alott.I successfully chiped it and it works great.havnt had a chance to test out the performance gaines of the chip yet since it is in my race car and i got rained out last wknd.I mostly had problems with the desoldering.I practiced on an old chip board out of a broken stereo.I think thats where most people burn them up.from pressing for too long with the iron and heating the board too much.The souldering part is tricky too.getting it into the hole without getting it on the other joints,or having to much soulder on the joint and causing circuit to cary from that joint to the other is tricky too.Practice on an old chip board if you really want to try it.(like out of an old stereo)if you plan on building the engine up later its worth it IMHO.Other wise:its risky for very the minimal performance you might gain with being stock.I mainly did mine to raise the rev limiter another 1000 rpms bcause of tire size gearing and track length issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts