Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me why my new chipped pm6 is different besides the fact that it doesnt have a blue ZeroInserForce socket? Im assuming the switch is to switch it back to normal mode. Why are there chips in different locations and white wires soldered everywhere?

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
88 vs 91. It doesnt look like theres a big enought spot for a 28-pin chip so they soldered on on there and ran the extra pins with wires to the board.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
88 vs 91. It doesnt look like theres a big enought spot for a 28-pin chip so they soldered on on there and ran the extra pins with wires to the board.
ya, 88 and 89 ecus require a daughterboard to be added so that a 28 pin eprom can be used

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Wish i knew what year what cars have blue dsm 450cc injecors at the junkyard. BEter yet a gm 3bar map. I fust got a motorola 2.5bar with this ecu. Its way smaller than i thought and the 3bar.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
you can get a 3bar from Summitracing. looks just like the one on the left in your pic. the bluetops came in the 1st gen DSM turbo eclipse/talon/laser. the blacktops are the later versions. they are functionally the same thing, the only difference is the color.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That thing on the left is actualy the map sensor for my autometer vacume/boost guage. LOL i wonder if i could use it for TurboEdit? What exactly does DSM mean?

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
DontSaveHer said:
What exactly does DSM mean?
Diamond Star Motors....I.E. Mitsubishi
Clutchmaster said:
how much did it cost i still want to retain ODB0 should I swap my ECU for another and chip it or chip my PM6
chipping isnt very expensive...usually about $50 if you have a 90+ ecu. add probably $30 to have it set up for datalogging and you're golden

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
90-110 for chipped pm6. I dont see why you would use another ecu unless you where gona use the vtec head. The p28 chipped ecu for d16z6 vtec head cost about 150.00

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know if my older 88/89 ecu with the switch can do everything my newer pm6 can do, like vtec activation threw a/c?

DontSaveHer said:
Can someone please tell me why my new chipped pm6 is different besides the fact that it doesnt have a blue ZeroInserForce socket? Im assuming the switch is to switch it back to normal mode. Why are there chips in different locations and white wires soldered everywhere?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts