Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just chipped a P06 Auto ECU to be a 5 Speed P06 ECU w/ 8,200 Rev limitter and no speed limiter.

Is it possible to burn a P30 program and use with that ECU so I can have a Full Throttle Launch and Shift Light w/ Check Engine? I am pretty sure I can.

I had bought a socket kit and it came with a chip but my rev limitter is kicking in at 4,000 instead of 8,200. I think I just have a bad solder joint but can anything else be wrong? What will happen if J1, or a capacitor or resistor isn't soldered good? I threw the Virgin P28 back on the Sol for the time being w/ 7,200 Rev.

I ordered a Willem EEPROM burner from Hong Kong for about 30 bucks it should be here in a couple days. Damn customs for taking so long 15 Days they say.

Anyways..............:mikej: JACKSON??? WTF

·
Registered
516 Posts
Yeah just disable vtec in the P30 rom and copy the low speed map from the P06 rom and copy it into the P30 with your launch control and such.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Yeah just disable vtec in the P30 rom and copy the low speed map from the P06 rom and copy it into the P30 with your launch control and such.
What he said, open up both maps, on the P30 map copy the RPM's on the left side of the screen to match the P06 and then copy and paste the entire low cam, and low ignition portion of the maps. Disable vtec and then add the FTL and Shift Light :TU: DONE!

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok so I have a D15B7 with Intake/71MM TB/68MM IM - Headers 4-2-1 - 9.2 MM Wires and Zex triple ground cold plugs - 55 Shot Zex wet kit

Car stripped

Motor is bone stock

I heard the B7 can rev high as shit without valve crashing

I haven't got my chip programmer in yet i ordered from china but i did get a kit to do an 8200 p06 rev limitter on ebay and the rev limitter is kicking in at 4g's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts