Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
it turns out i didnt get a reply from the thread i posted . so im going to give it another try .. i have a p2p a34 ecu ---.with the fuel tank pressure thingy i cant seem to get rid of . so i wanted to know if i can swap the chip from a 96 delsol ecu to another ecu , the ecu is from a 98 civic coupe i got from the states wth the code ftp and secondary h2o sensor . so is it possible or is there an altrenative?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I highly doubt that the ECU is the problem. Check your wiring for shorts and open circuits.
my car dont carry this sensor well not the ukdm civics . ive checked most of the 96 - 98 coupes that comes in the yard and never seen the sensor on the tank . ive read though it can only be found on the US civics coupe after 98 . ive swap the d16y8 motor from a delsol , into my jdm 95 ek3 using the wire loom came from a 96 ej8 civic coupe . so to get my car to run right . im thinking i cant chip a obd2 ecu , cant get rid of the immobilizer in them , dont want to go back to obd1 so i guess i could swap out the chip from another ukdm ecu to make it work but that too is a wild guess.
thanks for your reply bud .

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
my car dont carry this sensor well not the ukdm civics . ive checked most of the 96 - 98 coupes that comes in the yard and never seen the sensor on the tank . ive read though it can only be found on the US civics coupe after 98 . ive swap the d16y8 motor from a delsol , into my jdm 95 ek3 using the wire loom came from a 96 ej8 civic coupe . so to get my car to run right . im thinking i cant chip a obd2 ecu , cant get rid of the immobilizer in them , dont want to go back to obd1 so i guess i could swap out the chip from another ukdm ecu to make it work but that too is a wild guess.
thanks for your reply bud .
just add one then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts