Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My a6 block i plan to use has a small chip out of the top of the cylinder. Its on the very top outside so im not sure if it matters, i just wouldnt want it to cause a crack once its boosted. Should this be a problem?

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
My a6 block i plan to use has a small chip out of the top of the cylinder. Its on the very top outside so im not sure if it matters, i just wouldnt want it to cause a crack once its boosted. Should this be a problem?
post a pic so we can see it...

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
I wonder what could have caused that. Is it possible that it had a block guard in it at some point and someone pried it out of there?

·
Registered
same
1,881 Posts
that is on the aluminum side so I would have it wielded and and resurfaced but I think you'll be ok. If your boosting really high then you might need to have the block sleeved and the deck closed anyways. that looks repairable.

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
If you are shooting for less then 300whp, dont worry about it.

Just be sure to NEVER overheat your motor. sacrifice some power nad mileage and run it cooler so thermal expansion doesnt risk cracking it under stress.

·
Registered
97 honda coupe
7,611 Posts
shit you should have seen my last y8, looked like a bunch of mice were chewing on the tops of the cylinders. i still ran 16psi on that thing and the piston gave way before the headgasket seal did. as long as the fire-ring is clean and without pitting your good to go.

honestly that is caused by cavitation from either not enough antifreeze in the coolant mix or air getting into the cooling system.

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
same thing happened with my old zc engine, engine still ran fine but it also never overheated on me. up to you if you want to use it, like cervan said i think you should be fine

·
Registered
5,872 Posts
so do this

sleeve it, then use devcron or JBWeld and smooth that notch out.
Last thing you need is water captivation or whatever right there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts