Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If its not too cold, It would be pretty groovy to have a meet. My car is going to need a good drive. I will bring 2 other cars for sure. Just cruse downtown and what not. Find a place where a crowd gathers, and Find that one guy that did doughnuts in the van, and the dude in the Camaro with all the neons and Disco/dance music, at 4 corners.

I dont know where a good place to hold it at. But if its where a bunch of people gather. If anyone is intrested in the chicago area, let us know.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Late march wouldn't be bad it should warm up by then (figuring that its about 5 degree's outside it should). Gives me time to get off my lazy ass and install my damn fogs and sidemarkers. Dunno where to go though.

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
^^ Still dont install them LOL

Well it all depends how soon i get my car running. March seems a lilttle too pressurising for me. My motor might be in by then but not the boost and de-ricing

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^^ Still dont install them LOL

Well it all depends how soon i get my car running. March seems a lilttle too pressurising for me. My motor might be in by then but not the boost and de-ricing
If ya need help, I wont mind comming over later this month, and helping you out :). Its not that cold outside;)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Im down, but lets push it to the begining of April just to be sure, even though the ground hog didnt see his shadow and were supose to have an early spring LOL. Just keep posting in here and keep it all updated so the Chicago members know whats up. By them I should have my car the way I want it and it is gonna come out hella strong!!!

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem. Its whenever we all agree on this meet. I kinda dont want a set date yet.. But I'd like to have more than 6 or 7 this year :)

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
No problem. Its whenever we all agree on this meet. I kinda dont want a set date yet.. But I'd like to have more than 6 or 7 this year :)
No exact date yet, lets just plan end of march begining of April sometime. Need more inputs before we set a date so we can have as many people as possible show up :TU:

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Ill post it on honda-tech, and ef-honda also

well when we get a date
Dont know about HT, I really dont want everyone to think this is a all honda meet like assholes showing up with their b-series and talking shit. Keep it to this site for now and lets see how it goes...

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
^^^ I agree. It doesnt matter if its just 6 or 5 cars. We always have fun anyways. But ya Dustin Ill definetly will need help doing the swap. I will really appreciate your help. But i also got new suspension to put it so we'll have our hands full. LOL And Fuck the -25 degree weather we been having. That aaint cold LOL

Reactions: dustin_crxsi

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
True to that, I would rather have like 10 or so people that I know then 110 and have know idea who they are. Just wait to put your stuff on ricky or else your gonna freeze your ass off, its way cold here!!!

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
Yea since i got no garage LOL Im thinking of just sending the car off to a tuner shop and have em drop the motor in for me. That will save me from freezing my ass off.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
can you take the motor inside? Wire it all up, motor mounts, everything attached? then find someone with a cherry picker. Put the old motor out. then wait to we warm up, and put the new one in? If ya find a spot where there is no wind, it will be all good

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
can you take the motor inside? Wire it all up, motor mounts, everything attached? then find someone with a cherry picker. Put the old motor out. then wait to we warm up, and put the new one in? If ya find a spot where there is no wind, it will be all good
well we have a 2 and a half car lot in the back. Gate all around. I could get a cherry picker, we could take the motor inside and wire it, its just too damn cold and i need someone knowledgeable to help me.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I can do the wiring no problem. I just have to know exactually what vehical its going into and such, do you have tools?

·
DROP IT LIKE IT'S HOT
2003 Civic Si
3,003 Posts
I can do the wiring no problem. I just have to know exactually what vehical its going into and such, do you have tools?
Of course i got tools. LOL Who enthusiastic doesnt LOL. Well its going in my Del Sol. 93 Si I could buy a tent too cover the del sol and i got heavy duty construction heat torpedoes to keep us a little warmer

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i need some other things as well:

Engine OBD
Computer your using
and If you have a conversion kit.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Of course i got tools. LOL Who enthusiastic doesnt LOL. Well its going in my Del Sol. 93 Si I could buy a tent too cover the del sol and i got heavy duty construction heat torpedoes to keep us a little warmer
Tent..lol, like unzip the door and drive it in tent?

1 - 20 of 117 Posts