Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
checked out xenocron.com but have some unanswered questions>>>please read>>

ok correct me if i am wrong but after reading on the xenocron website, this is what i understand, i can buy the chipping kit which is like 18.00 or something (and yes i know how to install a chip), and then purchase a custom chip that has a basemap that is custom tuned to my mods, put the chip into the computer and go? i already have the turbo, mani, 450 dsm's, walbro pump, intercooler, all i need is an adapter plate for a mx6 turbo and the the charge piping and i'm good to go. if you guys have any thoughts on this i would appreciate it. thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok , but i would be able to run and drive the car with that chip correct? is it safe? i mean that is only like 40$ to get the chip kit and burnt chip. if i can get that and install everything i can get it to a shop to be tuned. now when i get to the shop are they going to put it on the dyno and see what's going on and then retune that same chip with crome or whatever they use? sorry for so many ???"s but i just want to make sure before i go ahead with this turbo project. thanks!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
yea you should be fine driving to the shop. i wouldnt hammer it though. and yes the shop will tune with what ever they use. most likely cromepro. once they are done the final map will be on your chip.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
don't know if you know or not, but i have a set of denso 310cc high impedence fuel injectors off a mx6 turbo sitting on my bench would these work on the stock honda rail and do you think they would support 8.7 psi (stock actuated boost on the mx6 turbo) with the xenocron fuel pump?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
they will be going in a 92 si hatch, are you sure about the pump, i have heard that you should upgrade. if it's not necessary then that is cool it'll save me some money! also can you guys recommend some sort of idea to connect the downpipe from a stock mx6 turbo to the rest of the exhaust, besides some kind of custom piece?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts