Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so as long as it is casted we should be alright then eh? will this manifold allow the retainment of ac and ps?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I just received this manifold in the mail yeserday, $135 shipped, from ebay seller AUTO_SQUARE_INC and can personally attest it's very high quality. My only gripe is that they claim to include gaskets and bolts and didnt. I e-mailed them and they said oh it was a typo in the ebay ad. I called and told them when it explicitally says, "COMES WITH GASKETS AND BOLTS" that is not a typo, that is a sentence, thats not an accident. So i guess they are sending me one.

Reactions: rattmann316

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
I just received this manifold in the mail yeserday, $135 shipped, from ebay seller AUTO_SQUARE_INC and can personally attest it's very high quality. My only gripe is that they claim to include gaskets and bolts and didnt. I e-mailed them and they said oh it was a typo in the ebay ad. I called and told them when it explicitally says, "COMES WITH GASKETS AND BOLTS" that is not a typo, that is a sentence, thats not an accident. So i guess they are sending me one.
post pics!

the one that Donald sells on HMT has a very nice WG placement, while most of the ebay ones have the WG on only 1 runner...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i looking to get a turbo with a builtin wastegate this weekend. since this manifold have a wastegate flange, would it not be useable? can i disable the internal wastegate somehow and use an external on the flange the manifold provide?

im learning each day. thanks for all your help.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
i looking to get a turbo with a builtin wastegate this weekend. since this manifold have a wastegate flange, would it not be useable? can i disable the internal wastegate somehow and use an external on the flange the manifold provide?

im learning each day. thanks for all your help.
if you want to use the internal gate on your turbo, you can get a block-off flange for this manifold so that the WG flange is closed.

or you can weld the flapper shut on your internal setup and add an external gate to the manifold

·
Registered
602 Posts
ha

Yea the wastegate is on one runner but I'm not concerned, I'll have a built bottom end, and I can't imagine it spiking too high. Alot of people including fast2camciv have used this design manifold to make up to 400 whp and run mid 11's. Thats $130 well spent IMO.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
IIRC, miked16z6 said that the hood will not close with the WG bolted to it like that. he had to build an elboy for the WG so it sat sideways...

·
Registered
602 Posts
yea

Yep I plan on doing that, that placement is just temporary, I got a broken leg right now So i can't even begin to take my old mani/wg/turbo off until earl march. I know a few people with just cut holes in their hood, but i'll build an elbow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts