Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like a few people have had problems getting their pass side axle out, but theres some tool u can buy that does the job. Looks like they are a good diff otherwise. It's sweet I didn't know there was anything availiable unless you spent a $1000 or found one of the mythical D15B-VTEC LSD trannys. I'm waiting for my invoice to show up on my next container I will see if I can swing picking one up.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I talked to one of our customers who had one in his car, he autocrossed/track days for over a year says worked great no complaints.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was looking at another post in the tranny section about the OBX diff, seems some people had problems with the fitment of the bearings? If I remember right the SI and EX models had larger bearings. I want to install one into a 96 DX tranny is the OBX avail with the small bearing size? I'm going to buy one just want to make sure it will fit.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ok lookin forward for you 2 try it !!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I think it sais it works on trannys with 40mm bearings.. I cant remember, but does the JDM ZC (cable) tranny have 40mm bearings?

·
Registered
95 Cx Hatchback
820 Posts
I've got one and the first time was at the track that I gave it fucking pure hell and it did fine.
All that happened is that I broke a axle.
And the broke one came out fine and it was on the pass. side one too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looks like it's only avail for the 40mm bearings from what I can tell, I asked one of the sellers about the bearing sizes I will see what he says. It's a bummer cause most tranny's use the smaller bearings. I have a EG DOHC ZC tranny maybe I can hybrid it and install this diff.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,312 Posts
88-91 Si/ZC
92-00 SOHC Si/EX/ZC

all those use 40mm bearings.

The rest including 90-91 EX use 35mm bearings. The ONLY option for them is Kaaz. Quaife used to make a 35mm unit, but they stopped and converted leftover stock using Kaaz style sleeves to 40mm.

·
Registered
338 Posts
transzex said:
88-91 Si/ZC
92-00 SOHC Si/EX/ZC

The rest including 90-91 EX use 35mm bearings. The ONLY option for them is Kaaz. Quaife used to make a 35mm unit, but they stopped and converted leftover stock using Kaaz style sleeves to 40mm.
Thanks transzex.. you rock.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"88-91 Si/ZC
92-00 SOHC Si/EX/ZC

The rest including 90-91 EX use 35mm bearings. The ONLY option for them is Kaaz. Quaife used to make a 35mm unit, but they stopped and converted leftover stock using Kaaz style sleeves to 40mm."

If the axles are the same you think it's possible to chuck one up on centers in a lathe and make it 35mm? Call me crazy but I'm a "run what you brung" kinda guy and I have a machine shop at my disposal.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
rkcarguySI said:
I was looking at another post in the tranny section about the OBX diff, seems some people had problems with the fitment of the bearings? If I remember right the SI and EX models had larger bearings. I want to install one into a 96 DX tranny is the OBX avail with the small bearing size? I'm going to buy one just want to make sure it will fit.
I'm not 100% sure but it should fit. I have a z6 tranny and it fits fine. I just need to install the tranny and then i'll let yall know how it works.

I was told i need to break it in is that true? If so how many miles?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts