Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my first honing job, I didnt use any honeing oil and one of the stones on the hone was broken but lemme hear some input. :TU:

Cly 1

Cly 2

Cly 3

Cly 4

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
why didnt you use any honing oil? those cylinder walls look like they might have some deep scratches in them from your honing. Mine didnt look like that when I did mine.

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
First pic says its a practice block. :) Soo your saying the honing job should not have deep scraches?
I am saying that mine didnt have as deep of scratches in it when I did mine. Might want to play around with it a little bit more to get a better cross hatch.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
For reference, this is how my block looked when I got it back from the machine shop:

From what I know, this is pretty much how you would want it to look...

Edit: mrnicolas beat me to it, but I'll just keep it up here anyway.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Here's my block;

Not very good pic, but should give you an idea too. Those s_18s and mrnicolas's pics look really good.

Another pic from slightly different angle and light, shows how smooth they're (with assembly oil, WD40 applied). That's Golden Eagle block guard I have.

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
yeah looks like theres a lot of deep scratches in the walls, def. use some honing oil...

that's not the block i sent you is it?

·
Registered
857 Posts
^^^ looks clean ass hell!
Heh, thanks :)
It's not good to be messy here with this stuff u know.. 8)
My block is glass bead blasted, that's why it's so clean. Looks like new :)

And yes, definately use honing oil (WD40 works well) and use sharp up-down motion with slow rpm's. Don't let it rotate in same position in cylinder, always push or pull when tool is turning.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
If you have a broke stone dont use the tool, slow down the rpm and speed up the up down stroke, use a good lube like ATF or honing oil. I prefer a ball hone for DIY guys since it does a great job but is alot harder to F up the cyl wall than a stone hone, I have seen to many blocks get ruined becuase of novice honing with a stone hone.

Here is my block after my ball hone on my last motor.

·
Registered
Del sol
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^ No waiii

yeah looks like theres a lot of deep scratches in the walls, def. use some honing oil...

that's not the block i sent you is it?
Yeahhh... yeah right puta :haha:
nope its a D15b7 then i have another D16Z6 to practice on, then its the actuall D16Z6 im building. Ill bust out an actuall working hone and hone oil on the one im building.

Thanks for the great tips soo far people :TU:

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
^^ No waiii

Yeahhh... yeah right puta :haha:
nope its a D15b7 then i have another D16Z6 to practice on, then its the actuall D16Z6 im building. Ill bust out an actuall working hone and hone oil on the one im building.

Thanks for the great tips soo far people :TU:
glad to see the z6 is going to be getting built :TU:

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
Heh, thanks :)
It's not good to be messy here with this stuff u know.. 8)
My block is glass bead blasted, that's why it's so clean. Looks like new :)

And yes, definately use honing oil (WD40 works well) and use sharp up-down motion with slow rpm's. Don't let it rotate in same position in cylinder, always push or pull when tool is turning.

Do what he is saying .....:TU:

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
Honing takes some time fuck paying for that tho work hard and u will learn the pic the guys posted if u can get it to look like those u will be set.

LOTS OF OIL. a little lube never hurt no butt.

RC

·
Registered
787 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts