Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I should just go get this magnafluxed but I figured that I would show you these pictures before I waste the money.

Okay so I have two blocks a d16y5 and a d16z6 each of these have the following blemishes in the block. I don't know how to describe the location, but anyone worth answering this question should know where this in the block.

These blemishes look like cracks to me but I was told that they may be "casting marks". I will be sleeving one of these blocks but both have the same blemish, I just want to know if this is normal or if it is time to through these away and find yet another block.

My goals here are to build a 11-12 sec d-series eg hatch. So I need the finest in opinions. By the way if anyone here has the time to call me and talk real d-series builds pm me for my number.

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I thought the same thing when I pulled apart my first D

"HOLY FUCK!"

Casting marks FTW

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When i ripped apart my z6 i though the same thing when I saw those. I thought they were cracks to but i got on here an looked at other engine build up and everyone elses blocks looked the same. They are marks from the casting.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts