Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i wot in 1st 2nd and 3rd car drives fine, i noticed when im on the highway cruising in 4th and gradually step on it the check engine light comes on. I can get to read the code since it goes away when i turn the car off and start it again im puzzled have anyone experienced proplem before, Chipped computer on chrome.
Its almost like a stock computer when it reads most how it goes into limp mode, but it drives fine when the light comes on feels alittle different, i usually just flick the keys while driving off and on quickly just so it goes away.

Need suggestions ......

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
So don't turn the car off when it happens. Just jump the diag connector. Should still blink codes when it's running IIRC.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
yeah, just keep it on when it comes on and it will start to blink for you. i had to do that on my old b16 when the vtec oil pressure sensor went bad.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a wideband and when the light comes on i try to see if its running leaner or richer but it appears to be fine air fuel wise.
But as far as reading the code if i turn the car off it goes away its like it resets itself

1 - 13 of 13 Posts