Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so ive done, Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Valve Cover gasket, tightend power sterring belt, did oil change...and my light is still on saying random misfire!!! grrr its sooo annoying...anyone help out, or is it just time for a nre motor.

What milenge should i cahnge my timming belt? Could that be it, i hit 100K recently...

p.s. this motor (sounds, and runs awsome!) so i have no idea. Maybe just rip out my computer, whos needs one anyways....lol jp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well got my cv replaced today, and i was talking to my machnic and he said to try and leave the negative battory cable unpluged all night, so ill give all thes things a try i guess, thx

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
how about some injector cleaner in the gasoline? Or changing the fuel filter at least... you didn't list that.

·
Banned
939 Posts
What the mechanic is doing is clearing the ECU memory. If you didn't do that after the tune up, that very well may be the problem.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok cahnged the fuel filter, and reset the ecu.....no light yet will see what happens now...

ok now thats Plugs, Wires, Cap, Rotor, Oil Change, Valve cover gasket, Tightend Belt, New Fuel Filter, Cleaned Intake Filter, Diffrent type of gas...

I think thats a decent 100K tuneup that should shut off that engine light?

Wait, timming belt...hmm how much are those???

·
Banned
3,428 Posts
like 40$ online pretty cheap..

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok heres the deal, check engine came on again as i was heading to autozone for a timming belt. As it comes on it blinks, untill I let off or on the throttle more. And as I put down the throttle more it dims, WTF!!!??? I check the codes again and its, mis fires cyld 3 misfire cyld 4, and radom missfire. thats the codes! GRRR!!! so i got a timming belt for 20 bucks yay! I think this has stumped everyone!!! wow, so that means that it could be physical damgange to something???? oh well...if anyone has a suggestion im in, ive done everything you guys have told me plus some....

timming belt time i guess

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
the only hard part is getting the pulley bolt off. You'll either need an impact wrench (and sometime that doesn't work unless it's a nice quality one) OR a big ass flat-head screwdriver and a friend to jam it in the flywheel under the car while you take a breaker bar to the pulley bolt.

Other than that, it's not very hard.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
makku said:
the only hard part is getting the pulley bolt off. You'll either need an impact wrench (and sometime that doesn't work unless it's a nice quality one) OR a big ass flat-head screwdriver and a friend to jam it in the flywheel under the car while you take a breaker bar to the pulley bolt.

Other than that, it's not very hard.
ya im not gonna mess with it, never done one before, so dont wanna start with my everyday car....i started getting into it, than said screww it...

·
Registered
98 Civic EX
3,189 Posts
you might, just might want to have a honda dealership check your ECU. if what you say is true, and it is running like a champ, then you are NOT misfiring, especially if the codes are for not one, but TWO cylinders. just my $.02

W

·
0 Posts
You need to start with the basics. Fuel, spark, compression. Are you getting fuel to the cylinders. You can use a long screw driver to listen to the injectors as the car is running. Put the end on the injector and your ear on the handle. Make sure they are all sounding the same. Also you may have a clogged or restricted injector. Use some injector clean to help that out. I like Techron use it on a 1/2 tank. It does wonders. For spark get a cheap spark tester and test all the wires. Make sure they jump a good size gap. And last but not least check your compression. Your computer uses the crank and cam sensors to detect the missfire. It isn't always correct on the cylinder number. Sometimes it's off one in the firing order.

Try that stuff it you can't figure it out I'd take it to a shop and let them deal with it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Wleach11 said:
You need to start with the basics. Fuel, spark, compression. Are you getting fuel to the cylinders. You can use a long screw driver to listen to the injectors as the car is running. Put the end on the injector and your ear on the handle. Make sure they are all sounding the same. Also you may have a clogged or restricted injector. Use some injector clean to help that out. I like Techron use it on a 1/2 tank. It does wonders. For spark get a cheap spark tester and test all the wires. Make sure they jump a good size gap. And last but not least check your compression. Your computer uses the crank and cam sensors to detect the missfire. It isn't always correct on the cylinder number. Sometimes it's off one in the firing order.

Try that stuff it you can't figure it out I'd take it to a shop and let them deal with it.
Well thx for the info, really do appreciate it....well ive done everything except, listin to the injectors, and spark tester thing, ive kinda done a spark test in my own stupid way, but this is really weird... You think its to maybe more of a serious point? Like sticking vlave, warped head, something more serious that just going to worrsen, well ill just have to keep taking your guys advice, and I have been doing everything you guys have told me, so im still looking toward the light at the tunnel.... Maybe it is honda dealer time..., but shit i would think i woudl feel something like this happenind, at idle or something, cause its seems to run fantastic, EXCEPT! now that i remember, sometimes when im driveing i throw it in nutural the car wants to die, goes down to 100-200RPM, car shakes and it brings itself back up...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts