Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a d15z non vtec automatic, it came with the black box intake system. i bought a zc intake and had the mech swap the intake for me. it sounds nicer, runs smoother and feels a little bit faster but when i floor the gas and it reaches up into high rpm, i get the check engine light and the only way to get it off is to take off the negative side of the battery for around 20seconds. could anyone help me as to wat to do and does any1 know where i could get the d15z check engine list?

·
Registered
278 Posts
you need to see what the code is. underneath the dashboard on the passenger side is a 2 pin connector. you need to complete the circuit with something metal like a paper clip, each end in one pin. After that is done the CEL light on the cluster will flash. a long flash equals 10 and a short flash equals 1. so watch the flashes and add them up and that's the code you have. once you get that post up what code it is.

·
Banned
eh hatch
598 Posts
they never made a d15z non-vtec to the best of my knowledge
if you disconnected the black box vacuum lines that would be egr control
you can check your CEL codes as described by shorty

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the person who had put on the zc intake for me did this paper clip thing and counted the blinks but i will try to do it 2moro wen the sun is up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i did it, 7 short blinks. i did som reading and i think its the tps but how wud the tps start giving trouble and its the same 1 from off my old intake system that was working well b4 i changed it.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
tps might be going on the fritz at different voltage when the butterfly is open. grab a helms/haynes and test the tps voltage closed and open. make sure it matches up with specs. i think its like 4.5v and .5 volts are the two values you're looking for

-Luke

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the wierd thing is, if u rev it in park or nuetral, everything remains great but as u drive fast down the road the check engine light comes on right as the rev reaches around 5000. the car still drive's gud tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts