Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not looking for a 200 whp turbo setup. I'm just looking for something simple and something affordable. I got alot of shit to do to my car rite now. I was thinking about going b series but 2500 would put me in the hole. So what could i put together to give me a lil spunk?

·
FF Misfit
4,881 Posts
Here's my suggestion for a cheap yet reliable 200 hp.

HF Manifold w/ adaptor plate
Either a used T3/T4 or DSM 14b
JRC Intercooler
IC Piping
DSM BOV
DSM 450's
wastegate (if needed)
uberdata or crome for tunning
Good Tune

This should get you to about where you want to be w/out breaking the bank. You could also cut the cost even more by using a DSM side-mount intercooler and just using the 14b instead of t3/t4. Then again, if you ever plan on upgrading, I'd go ahead and get the t3/t4. It will flow a higher volume of air and decrease the amount of boost you need to make the same amount of power. BTW, which motor do you have?

·
d-series smartass
1,348 Posts
for a reliable build it will take more than a couple hundred bucks. i would piece together a good kit as you can afford it rather than try to put together the cheapest kit possible for the amount you have in your pocket. especially to hit 200whp. that will take a reasonable amount of money if you want it to last more than a week.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could a 170 whp kit be reliably build for less than 800?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and these kits are where? and I'd prefer to have a new turbo, though everything else could come second hand.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts