Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a 94ex coupe w/ z6...all i have is aem sri, holley airmass 421 ceramic header and holley airmass 2 3/8" mandel catback with knock off mugen twinloop, cheapo 8mm wires and ngk iridium plugs (none of which amounts to much)....now i was wonderin if there was anything i can do with what i allready have 2 make jus a LIL more power, more gas mileage or just make it more reliable i guess....ive played with ign. timing abit but set it back to stock.....is there ANYTHING i can do?...adv/ret ign timing?adv/ret cam timing?....reset ecu?...sumhow change a/f ratio?...change vtec xover?...was thinkin bout punchin the car for the hell of it but idk....ANYTHING?

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
The best/safest way to get a little more power out of your set up would simply be proper tuning. And if thats not enough you can throw some nitrous at it or a turbo...

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
tuning isn't really that cheap unless you find an independent person to do a street tune, but it is the easiest for someone to get done.

Cheapest would be lightening your car. That'll help with MPG and make your car just a tad faster.

·
Registered
721 Posts
well, cold air intake + k/n filter works fuckin good, plus advance the cam just a C hair, and I'd open the exhaust to 2.5 inch, none of which will help your fuel milage, but it will certainly give the car a bit of a growl!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tornado?...f-that!......im askin if theres anyway i can mod what ive allready got to get the full potential of my half ass setup....is there anyway I can adjust my a/f ratio in my garage?....i just want my ign/cam timing to be the best i can, af ratio to be best i can ....i just want the full potential of the setup i have

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
dont dog the tornado...its been proven to make power and improve mpg!!!

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
If you have a wideband, burner or emulator, and your ECU is socketed, OR you have a VAFC, then yea you can change your a/f.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
Dude your in Atlantic Beach? There's someone in Jacksonville that does street tuning. Last time he quoted me like $80+gas to do a A/F street tune. Let me see if I can find his name.

edit: ok his name is "projekteg" on carolinahondas.com... I guess you can email him from there to see how much he charges or if he's still tuning.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so theres really nothin (I) can do myself to make it anybetter???

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
If you're willing to spend some money, yea. but if not, no.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Honda did alot of resurch on the engines, they squeezed as much hp as they could out of the engine. You really can't freeze up hp like you can in chevy engines. you can put slightly higher compression pistons in your block. you can find cheep OEM pistons on this site. see what fits.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i wanna keep full interior (mad daily driver) and i only weigh like 150 :p

·
Registered
EX coupe
758 Posts
loose weight, both you and your car, fatty
R O F L................hahahah

Cheapeast way to gain "More" power would be Nitrous.......A better way to Gain consistant power would be Turbo.....And if you are looking for the N/a Route....Get a Crower Stage 2 cam...and a ECU to handle it...find a tune....Either way....Getting a P28/Chip/Burn job would be the right step combo for all 3 of these.....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts