Honda D Series Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a noob to forced induction. I'd love to add a turbo to my car. I'm already aware that the d16 block should handle about 10psi for a daily driver. My step dad said that I could probably pull a turbo from a saab or volvo or something at a junkyard. I was curious as to if that would work and what parts I would need to make it work?

·
Registered
6,365 Posts
Yea man you gotta search. Check the showcase forums at the bottom to get some ideas. What your talking about has been done before. Also that 10 psi says that you need to do some more reading. 10psi on small turbo is different from big turbo. So your max for stock motor is rated in hp no psi.

But also honda stock map sensor can only read up to about 10-11psi before u need to upgrade to something bigger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Also other options are the Mitsubishi TD04 or TD05 Series turbos. Came in your DSM cars in the late 80's and 90's. Also from the EVO. I would be careful with junkyard turbos because 90% of the time needs to be rebuilt.

·
Registered
861 Posts
there is more than just slapping a turbocharger on a vechile, you need engine management, fuel injectors to support the amount of fuel your car will need, oil line kit, pipe / intercooler, exhaust, be prepared to spend about 2000 on a half ass kit.

and btw go talk to a tuner who does it for a living not the kid down the street that keeps blowing his shit up every other day.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.