Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Cheapest you'll get is used or RCauto makes a diy kit with all the bends n flanges, just have it welded up if you can't

Otherwise pay the price

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i'm sure you can find a cracked ebay style manifold for super-cheap.
try your local craigslist.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
Define cheap....... 5-600 can be cheap compared to a topmount..... hit up a site sponsor, I know rc autooworks' diy kit is like 250... but you start cheaping out now you'll pay triple down the road....

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Before I respond. Why do you want a ram horn manifold? How much power do you plan on making?
Unless youre planning on making over 400hp this manifold will be fine and is cheap AND is RELIABLE.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Ok if he wants madtytejdmballer he can buy a spa topmount....sexyness of a topmount with the price of a ss log mani

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
It's his money and what he wants some people don't like the way cast manifolds look nevermind the performance differences. Same funny people that asked why I would put a topmount on a singlecam...... Answer the god damn question or move on.....
He never specified that he wanted it for the looks. Many people (n00bs) think that cast manifolds are junk and that a tubular manifold is necessarily to make any decent power.
Theres nothing wrong with making sure that the OP is aware of all of his options, especially when it could be the difference between a cheap tubular which will inevitably break and a cheap cast which will never break.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Craigslist and best bet is local forums...I got mine for $100, it had several cracks...I paid $80 to have it fix exgtra braces and several mods to be able to stuff an hx35 under it

I have seen ebay ramhorns...I held some that where missing 3" of pipe where they just exploded the runners....not to mention my mani weighs about as much as an ebay manifold and turbo combined

General rule of thumb is to pick only two

Cheap/reliable/fast

You can have all three but it requires actuall knowhow and a shit ton of patients....I was waiting for a deal for over a year and a half b4 I jumped on the mani purchase

B4 any of us waste anymore of our time what are your overall goals with the setup

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheap and good don't go together. But like stated rcautoworks will get you done. Give Bob a call and tell him I sent you will get the lil homie hookup
Heard this many times through the years. I'll def check em out :-D

Before I respond. Why do you want a ram horn manifold? How much power do you plan on making?
Unless youre planning on making over 400hp this manifold will be fine and is cheap AND is RELIABLE.
yeah, its def not an all-out performance effort.. lol

But that's not mad tyte baller.
LMFAO

He never specified that he wanted it for the looks. Many people (n00bs) think that cast manifolds are junk and that a tubular manifold is necessarily to make any decent power.
Theres nothing wrong with making sure that the OP is aware of all of his options, especially when it could be the difference between a cheap tubular which will inevitably break and a cheap cast which will never break.
and thanks :-D It was just kinda like a looks based thing. Figured if I was gonna cheap out on a cast mani, maybe I could dig up a cheapo tubular mani for not much more..

Thanks again guys. rep 4 all

:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,003 Posts

·
凸(◕_◕)凸
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
1,467 Posts