Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday and he's decided to part ways with his dream of having a k swap. He wants to sell everything he has right now for $1500, says he'll sell it all to me for $1200. He's got a k20a2 w/ 6spd tranny, the ecu, and the engine harness. From what I've been reading, there's a TON of shit you have to do/change for a succesful swap into a EJ6 (or any civic for that matter).

I really hate the grocery list of parts you need just to get the goddamn motor to run in a car not made for it. Honestly, it's rediculous, and not normally something I'd be interested in. I've always said K's aren't worth the time and money. But if I can get this thing into my ej6 for around 2k-2300, I'll do it.

This isn't going to be a motor I plan on building or anything, just a stock swap to make my dd more enjoyable.

But I could also have a BADASS d-series for 2300. But to me, D's are budget builders and I don't know if I'd wanna throw that kinda cash at it anyway lol.

I just need some opinions. Is it worth the the time, money, and hassle? Also, what is the extra weight going to do to my handling?

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
From my experience, its actually alot easier then what it sounds. I helped a friend drop in a the K20A2 in his EH and I must say. Pretty damn easy and as for parts list. It honestly isnt that bad.

If it was me, id jump on it in a heart beat.

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If its a running motor, with transmission etc... 1200 is a FREAKIN STEAL! at least, around here it is. I would buy that in a heart beat. But, I live in Iowa
It's definetly a great deal, just debating whether or not it's worth the trouble.

From my experience, its actually alot easier then what it sounds. I helped a friend drop in a the K20A2 in his EH and I must say. Pretty damn easy and as for parts list. It honestly isnt that bad.

If it was me, id jump on it in a heart beat.
I'd imagine an eh k swap would be even harder. How did that car handle with the swap in?

Buy that!!! Then sell me that dope valve cover in your avi.
Haha, I'll consider selling it if I get this.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
you having a large civic bay helps a ton, a swap in the 96-00 wouldn't be near the trouble you think it would. As far as stuff to get it running, depends on what you want, you can get you a cheaper parts now to get it running and if you want more out of it you can always upgrade later, you don't have to get the best of the best right now. I would jump on it.

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you having a large civic bay helps a ton, a swap in the 96-00 wouldn't be near the trouble you think it would. As far as stuff to get it running, depends on what you want, you can get you a cheaper parts now to get it running and if you want more out of it you can always upgrade later, you don't have to get the best of the best right now. I would jump on it.
I think I'm going to. Still trying to figure out how much money I'm gonna have to spend to get the thing running and driving. I don't need anything fancy, nothing asthetically pleasing, I just want the power lol. As far as aftermarket parts go, sounds like I'll need-

clutch line
fuel rail
converison harness
immobilizer bypass (cause I'm WAAAAY to cheap for K pro lol)
header
mounts
shifter box (my buddy has one he'll sell me for 75 bucks)
radiator hose adapter

And it sounds like I can use the following from an RSX-S-

axles
throttle cable
ecu

(Not trying to turn this into a "what do I need?" thread.... there's plenty of those lol)

Decisions, decisions lol.

·
Registered
my Skateboard
1,945 Posts
If i was offered a deal like that there would be no what do you think thread. There would be my new kswap build thread!

·
Registered
841 Posts
Jump on it dude, All the time/effort and money you will put into it youll be extremely happy with it..thats a great deal. You should be kicked in the ball bag if you dont :bigok:

I did the pussy way around the swap and just bought a rsx type s haha :pinch:

·
Registered
00 EJ6 boosted D16Z6, 99 EJ6 bone stock, 04 Ram 1500
1,105 Posts
buy it, and flip it to some clown that wants to drive a money-pit.

Reactions: the425th

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
The handling of the car barely changed. So it still handles like a dream. But he did have to worry about being to low because he did crack his oil pan coming up the drive into a shells gas station and he has an inch gap from the tire to the fender in the front ....LOL

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The handling of the car barely changed. So it still handles like a dream. But he did have to worry about being to low because he did crack his oil pan coming up the drive into a shells gas station and he has an inch gap from the tire to the fender in the front ....LOL
FUCK! Seriously? I knew they sit low... but god damn. My ej6 is barely sittin on tires as is...

·
Boost Gets You Laid
Del Sol
4,402 Posts
Buy n Flip it. If you're looking for a built motor you can do a hella bad ass D or a B, H/F with some work to them or H2B.

I'm not a K-hater or anything but there's just too much random shit involved for my taste. I like the K.I.S.S(Keep It Simple Stupid)

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
^ i think alot of that has to do with which mounts you get. I know if you get the manuel rack you can get better mounts to put the motor in a better spot. My buddy has a few things left to sell from his k swap in an em1, hit me up if you need stuff. he has alot left.

·
Registered
2006 Acura TL 6MT
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Buy n Flip it. If you're looking for a built motor you can do a hella bad ass D or a B, H/F with some work to them or H2B.

I'm not a K-hater or anything but there's just too much random shit involved for my taste. I like the K.I.S.S(Keep It Simple Stupid)
I like simple too. There's definetly a bunch of random shit to change. That's why I'm having such a hard time lol.

^ i think alot of that has to do with which mounts you get. I know if you get the manuel rack you can get better mounts to put the motor in a better spot. My buddy has a few things left to sell from his k swap in an em1, hit me up if you need stuff. he has alot left.
Any mounts you can reccomend? I really don't want to drop 500 bucks on mounts though, either. You said a manual rack, what does that mean exactly? I know it's a manual steering rack, but where would I get one from? What ej doesn't have power steering from the factory?

Also, repped everyone that's replied so far.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts