Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these on accident, anyone need anything like there?

Seriously, 1680cc for $62.49 each when you buy 4.... Who want's to max these out?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'll run them in my stock N/A A6! I'm going to guess that would end in hydrolock. Any one else?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After serious thought I think I came up with a use for these. I need the following:

T3/T04E
T28
5 bolt T3 flange to T28 turbo
HKS Rotax S/C
Jacson racing S/C
1 big ass front mount
1 water to air intercooler
And for kicks 2 stage 300 dry shot

Here's the plan:

Compressed air from the T28 into the T3/T04E, then to the front mount. Make sure the T28 is recieving the exhaust after the T3/T04E. After the front mout the now twice compressed air is fed into the HKS Rotax followed by the air to water I/C. From there to the JR S/C for further compression then to the motor. The first stage of the dry shot is to cool the compressed air and actually get the car to move, the second stage to use whatever is left of the injector.

I'll also need a motor to handle all the forced air. I'm thinking 5:1 on alcahol or nitro would do the trick. I'll also need a magneto to light it.....

:bigrofl: D-Series top fuel car...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm bored and these seemed to have possibility for entertainment. So far I'm right.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fitting is one thing, it's getting your car to run with them that would be interesting.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
This may be a REAL dumb question but could you use a DPFI manifold and only run two of those?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This may be a REAL dumb question but could you use a DPFI manifold and only run two of those?
Unfortunetly no, DPFI uses what looks like side feed injectors like some Subarus and Nissans.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I actually had 4 of those on my RX-7 Turbo with 425 RWHP, they were at about 60% duty. Run by a Haltech E6X. It was hard to get the 1600cc's to idle the car effeciently and smooth... took alot of time in the driveway every morning while the car was cold to get the cold idle enrichment maps just right. Also let me tell you that the twin 255lph Walbro's and these injectors and full throttle = gas gauge visibly moving lol

Short of a dedicated Drag car I cannot see much need for these on a d16... maybe with ethanol injection you "might" need these.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is a deal 250 for 4. Since I am almost maxed out on my 1000RCs I think this is a good find. thanks
I started this as more of a joke, but I'm glad someone could use it. I figured they were just way to big for anyone here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts