Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I picked up the integra yesterday, and I kinda feel like a dick now. Bought it off my buddy for $300 because he was convinced the throw-out bearing failed. The wheel fell off driving down the road so he replaced the passenger side hub, rotor, axle, tie rod, etc. Went over the bump on his driveway and the car wouldn’t move (as if the clutch was disengaged). Brought it home yesterday. I haven’t pulled it apart yet, all I did was put it up on jack stands and rotate the front wheels. And what would you know? The front wheels don’t move together! So I’m thinking he didn’t put the passenger side axle in all the way and it popped out after the bump. I’m hopefully gonna have it driving today

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,906 Posts
I bought an integra two weeks ago that took a crap on me and i had to tow it, turns out it needed to dizzy rebuilt ( i assume a crack in the coil that acted up after it got hot)

Nice that both the cars were a fairly easy fix.

When you say the wheels dont spin together, does only one spin and the other stays still? Or does one rotate the opposit way as the one youre turning?

Ohh yeah, pics?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll send pics when I get off work. One wheel stays still when the other is being rotated. I have almost no doubt that it’s the axle popping out, only because this guy worked on it lol.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah it is, and I’m super happy about it. It’s a pretty new transmission (allegedly) and I’m hoping to get the car on the road tonight to get a better idea of how it is.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not the prettiest but it certainly looks better than the old civic I had (plus it was less than half the cost too). Stock b18b1 with 276k km but it seems to run pretty well. I got the car driving today but I need to get a battery for it so it won't be moving for a few days. I'm hoping this will be a little cheaper for me because now I don't need any custom parts for it. It's the GS trim so full leather interior and a full power sunroof (which I hate) but it should be a pretty fun car. Going to pick up a set of rims tomorrow so I'll post a pic when I get them

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,403 Posts
if its just the axle, you should be a bro and buy the dude a beer. "youre an idiot, but I appreciate ya. have a beer"

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
97 Posts
Nice score! A stick. The b motors in the integra run and run. Pull the valve cover and see what the motor looks like. I'm bettn another 100k miles!
Cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if its just the axle, you should be a bro and buy the dude a beer. "youre an idiot, but I appreciate ya. have a beer"
Well, upon further inspection...

The outer tie rod end was incorrectly installed (not tight enough and no cotter pin), the rotor was somehow not flush to the hub, and the axle wasn’t in all the way.Yeah, I need to do something, something that motivates him not to work on cars

·
Registered
EF9 DC2
97 Posts
See..
300.00 was a good price after all.
I like the Integras! They're just a cool car!

Was it the correct drive shaft?
Sounds like you have a limited edition teg. They came with the leather interior, sun roof, and side moldings. The LS I believe came with cloth seats and usually a/t.
5 speed and 142 hp you're going to have a lot of fun this summer!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Driveshaft was correct, he just didn’t have it inserted all the way. The guy abused this car terribly. It was sitting for almost 6 months before I bought it because his wheel fell off while driving (hence the smashed-in fender). Literally a day earlier the exhaust fell off. He rebuilt the front passenger side but installed basically everything wrong. He was 100% convinced that it was the throw-out bearing (don’t ask me why) so he was selling it cheap to just get rid of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's certainly what it's looking to be. Just drove it a couple hours ago and it's driving really well and the suspension feels pretty good, so I'm assuming it's all fine. Unbearably loud (he cut the exhaust off right below the cabin) so I need to get an exhaust done as soon as possible because I can't drive it like that. Other than that the car seems awesome: easily the best $300 I've ever spent.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quick update: I'm taking the car to the shop tomorrow to get a new mid-pipe welded on. I properly remounted the front bumper as none of the bottom clips were holding it in. Devised a summer plan this afternoon as well:

-Repainting the car original silver (includes bodywork and replacing various panels)
-Modifying front seats (my head hits the roof even at the lowest setting, so I need to lower the brackets, chances are I'll get to it before the summer though)
-Coilovers (undecided, but I'm probably going to go with Racelands)
-Head swap (SI head with GSR cams)
-Audio (have an alpine deck in my room and some subs ready to go)

That's probably it for this summer at least. I'm probably giving my brother my civic so this is going to be my daily after the summer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
New midpipe and aftermarket muffler mounted (muffler is off some Mercedes AMG) and it sounds a lot better. I still need a resonator though because it’s still way too loud. Also mounted the wheels I had on my civic, but I’m not sure I like them. The tires are Pilot Sport A/S 3+, so that’s the only reason they’re on at the moment. The black rims are from the mk2 Supra I had last year so I may get the Michelin’s swapped onto the Motegi rims.
F3525C20-2DB5-437F-8796-171DA0A90305.jpeg
A75A3806-7338-45CD-8DBA-56DD59D34C21.jpeg
174A382C-0E77-4A5F-B81E-7E1A57F5EF3A.jpeg

·
Registered
Prelude, Integra DB9
400 Posts
Water in the boot can often come from leaks through the rear light seals. Other possible culprits are the sunroof or its drain hoses, the wiring grommets and th rear window seal. It's also not unknown for caulked seams in the floor to start to separate.

Which Integra is that - a DB6?

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Which Integra is that - a DB6?
DC4. I just soaked it all up with a cloth, cleaned it up with some all-purpose detergent, dried it and left it.

I'm loving this car so far, it's been an absolute blast to drive. I got the resonator put in today and the sound is much more tolerable. I'm finding it to need suspension desperately though; it's rubbing on most sweeping corners now, but that may be due to the 17's.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts