·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
881 Posts
Back in the day I had Rockford. 2 10'' HE2's and 1 12'' P3. Shit would vibrate your eyeballs. The 10s got jacked when my car got broken into and I sold the 12 shortly before. The wires are still ran through the cab, I've thought about getting just a single 10'' for just a little something. I just liked Rockfords when I was looking at what to get. People say the newer ones aren't as good as the ones from the 90's but I'm not a huge audiophile and they worked for me.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
if you were closer I'd give you a pair of JBL 10's

I also found my 6.5's, and 4"+1" USD Audio side pods....also a spare set of tweets from the 6.5's to be hidden in the dash vents.

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
of the 3 you linked, the rockford will probably be your best bet.

Dual branded stuff is completely hit or miss over the years. some of their setups have sounded good in a specific range of bass, others have sounded trash no matter what you did. the Dual brand shifts so much (like the Scosche shit) that you cannot even guarentee anything good or bad.

rockford at least still sounds good, even at their lowest budget products. they dont always BANG, but they will at least sound like a proper speaker/driver/sub

Reactions: slo_eg8

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
No name RF budget line, but that was 25 years ago :)

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
for cheap and easy powered subs the old infinity basslinks were great. definitely not a properly amped and boxed setup but for the ease of install and price i loved mine back in the day. i bet you could find an old stock or refurb for under 200 or used for next to nothing

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Kicker F-10 in a Bazooka tube sounded damn nice, esp. with MBQ's up front on a Linear Power amp.

<<<old school!

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
Kicker F-10 in a Bazooka tube sounded damn nice, esp. with MBQ's up front on a Linear Power amp.

<<<old school!
I found the d16 pretty late, back in my day i had some old kicker comp 12s in a box that took up most of my 6th gen coupe trunk powered by a very underrated cadence amp. Hilarious looking back

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,661 Posts
Cadence, wasn't that the lower level Soundstream stuff?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
I have a Rockville powered slim 8" that was in my S2000, it was alright and hit decently. I had a lot of trouble getting the low pass and gain dialled in, but after I did it wasn't terrible.

for $100 w/ install kit it's hard to go wrong

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
also, FYI, junkyard hopping isnt out of the question.

plenty of luxury style cars have great oem subwoofers. nissan/infinity and especially older toyotas/lexus cars have great bass from factory, you would only need to find a cheap 2 channel amp that can push a pair.

find an old amp that is rated for at least 150rms per channel at 4ohms, that should push at least 75rms at 8 ohms. many stock sounds are rated for 6 and 8 ohms for bass parts and midranges as well. higher ohm spec is generally cleaner sounding at sacrifice of needing more power

·
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also, FYI, junkyard hopping isnt out of the question.

plenty of luxury style cars have great oem subwoofers. nissan/infinity and especially older toyotas/lexus cars have great bass from factory, you would only need to find a cheap 2 channel amp that can push a pair.

find an old amp that is rated for at least 150rms per channel at 4ohms, that should push at least 75rms at 8 ohms. many stock sounds are rated for 6 and 8 ohms for bass parts and midranges as well. higher ohm spec is generally cleaner sounding at sacrifice of needing more power
you haven't been to tampa huh? lol, the local yards are usually picked somewhat clean of any and all things that can make a quick buck before theyre put out in the lot....usually first to go are the wheels, and interior bits like speakers.

Im just cheap and sorta lazy and just want something prebuilt and less effort, since Ill eventually be back in the civic and have a good thump

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
then buy a used bazooka lol

·
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I bought the Rockford kit. should be here tomorrow or Thursday and installed next week.

·
Premium Member
88 RT4WD wagon
227 Posts
Cadence, wasn't that the lower level Soundstream stuff?
no idea, id be shocked if they even exist anymore. i think the components i had are still around though. CDT

give us a review on the rockford! i get to wanting some occasionally and my spare tire is really just holding up the floor of the hatch

·
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
from the random thought thread

in other news. my speaker showed up today. the box may be a weeee bit too big for behind the passenger seat. just ordered a mesh grill to help keep the woofer somewhat safe.

btw, the sub I have the p1s410 is 169$ from Rockford, so I guess its a steal. and there doesn't seem to be many bad reviews

·
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
haven't gotten around to installing it yet. my next day to myself will be Monday and Tuesday, and Im hoping to get the sub installed, oil change, 4 new tires, and possible tune up.

·
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
had to hack some plastics, delete the rear speakers, relocate my tire change kit...but 6hrs later.

this

thing

BUMPS!

its only turned up to 8. still need to play with the knobs and find out where Im happy with it. I wont lie, if I had the chance to do it again, Id buy the box with the amp built in lol. this amp was a bitch to mount in a way to add power and still be able to play with the knobs.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts