Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has to be cheap because I want to keep a spare around, and I need to keep my budget in check. I seem to be hard on engines (though I have always run turbo'd till now, I am still worried). Looking for a powerband extending from about 5 to 8krpm, peak HP around 130 at the wheels

Right now here is my plan:

Internal:
D15B2 (stock head)
Delta 272 cam
Isky Valve springs/stock retainers
P29 (D16A1 version of PM7 ZC) pistons
Balanced bottom end
Stock crank pully with extra material shaved off & balanced
D16Y8 manifold (stock)
D16Y8 headgasket
OEM head bolts

knology gives me 11.0:1, Zeal Auto gives me 9.7:1 wtf??? The problem seems to be in the piston to deck hight, but I don't know which is correct.

External:
Fidanza 7.5lb flywheel
Clutch Specialties 6-puck (unsprung)
Ebay intake tube/K&N filter
OBX header
Cat delete 3" exhaust

Management:
Turboedit base tune
piggyback final tune

leftover from turbo engine

I know I'll get some grief about the header, maybe I will go to a different one later. For now it will have to do, I have a limited budget and need to get the car running (no longer have the stock one, selling my turbo kit).

Other than that, is there anything majorly holding me back? I have a ported A6 head, but would prefer to not use it. I also have a couple D16's laying around, but they are not in very good condition and would require extra machine work (and $$). I also have a Y8 head, but it is in questionable condition and may need rebuilt.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I may have posted this in the wrong forum, mods, please move it if needed.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,226 Posts
stock motor, sticky tires will be a better autoxer.

What class you plan on running?
What is your SCCA exp.?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
mrnicolas said:
stock motor, better suspension and sticky tires. keep everything within the rules of what class you are running.
My suspension already kicks me out of any lower level class, not like I'd be competitive anyway. No SCCA experience, other than watching events and reading the rule book.

D15 block was the plan, cheap, plus I have a few laying around.

Forget the Auto-X part anyway, anything majorly flawed in my thinking that those modifications could get me 130whp?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts