Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/In-cabin-Manual-Turbo-Boost-Controller-Subaru-EVO-GTO_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQihZ017QQitemZ270198739053QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

anyone every use these I got one from a guy at work, there cheap as hell on ebay Ive seen them for $7 but how bad could it be? and how is it supposed to be hooked up? one line to the BC the on coming out of the BC into the chrome nipple on the square thing facing away from the arrow to the wastegate and then run the actual wastegate line through the colored nipple on the square thing and exist from the other chrome nipple (the one with the arrow) to the wastegate? I thought there was just the BC and no square thing? does it use the BC to control pressure sent to that little square thing?

Im confused:hammer:

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
That seems pretty expensive for an "ebay" MBC.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i had one of those sold it for like 5 bucks dint work for me

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
The waste gate on your turbo has a spring in it, when boost enters threw the nipple it must over come the spring to open the valve, ok well depending on how stiff that spring is is how many psi it takes to move it. well what these cheap mbc do is go inline on that boost line and they also have a spring inside of them with a ball bearing the springs tension is adjustable by turning the knob, so now the boost must over come the mbc spring and move the ball bearing out of the way to allow the pressure to go to the wastegate on the turbo, you can make one pretty easy if you are handy in the hardware department at lowes or other hardware places.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah that one is expensive but Ive seen that exact one for $7, I know how a MBC works...Thanks tho but the one this kid gave me like the pic has a square box with 3 nipples Im kinda guessing on how it is supposed to be hooked up, maybe I'll just make one, Ive seen the how to's but never paid attention, I guess I'll search for one...unless some one wants to drop a link;)

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
haha thats how it works sometimes, once i spent 230 for a used ebc and it didnt work for crap, i got ripped off lol.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
my friend bought that exact same one.. the + and - are backwards.. instead of turning it to the + side to increase boost you have to turn it to the - sign.. w/e it works i guess.. it has to be all the way tight then - one click to get it to boost 10-11 psi tho...

im making him go external wastegate with electronic boost controller or the turbo xs mbc with a high and low boost setting

·
Registered
566 Posts
my friend bought that exact same one.. the + and - are backwards.. instead of turning it to the + side to increase boost you have to turn it to the - sign.. w/e it works i guess.. it has to be all the way tight then - one click to get it to boost 10-11 psi tho...

im making him go external wastegate with electronic boost controller or the turbo xs mbc with a high and low boost setting
Did he have the T piece hooked up? They work a litte bit different from the other MBC's i've seen.

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Did he have the T piece hooked up? They work a litte bit different from the other MBC's i've seen.
no we didnt hook the T piece up.. it didnt come with instructions and i didnt understand what the hell to do with it

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
i got mine from ebay, it was the voodoo one. one lines comes off the wastegate, the other connects to vacuum. worked fine for me..held 8.5psi steady.
they have a website you can order a lot of different kinds from... I ended up just buying one from a local shop here in MN...

·
Registered
566 Posts
no we didnt hook the T piece up.. it didnt come with instructions and i didnt understand what the hell to do with it
Very hard to explain on here, but i've got 1 that works in a similar manner.

What you do is hook the T piece up,

So that it goes.

Wastegate-T-Turbo
.......Boost ^ Controller- feed for boost controller.

This makes the boost control much more stable, in theory i've only looked at them and blown through them but thats how i figured it would work best.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts