Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently replaced my oil pan gasket due to a leak. I noticed after a few days there is still a small leak on the transmission side. I think that the vtec solenoid is leaking. Would this drip oil down on side of the oil pan / flywheel cover? I also replaced the valve cover gasket and the rear main seal recently.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
I would look more towards the little rise in the gasket at that end, where the crank is. It is super easy to have a bit of the gasket come loose as you bolt her on, especially if you have the trans on when you install it. Ask me how I know.

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Post a pix of where you see the leak.

if you using the z6 oil pan gasket most people tend to over tighten the bolts mess up the gasket.

Other then that clean everything and baby powder everything. As soon as it leaks it will show you where its coming from.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I would look more towards the little rise in the gasket at that end, where the crank is. It is super easy to have a bit of the gasket come loose as you bolt her on, especially if you have the trans on when you install it. Ask me how I know.
Its dry near the crank just wet on the transmission side.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Post a pix of where you see the leak.

if you using the z6 oil pan gasket most people tend to over tighten the bolts mess up the gasket.

Other then that clean everything and baby powder everything. As soon as it leaks it will show you where its coming from.
I used a felpro gasket from advance and I snugged it up pretty good. I have a 2000 civic btw

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
I used a felpro gasket from advance and I snugged it up pretty good. I have a 2000 civic btw
ok, the best is still to powder it and it will show the leak.
If its not the oil pan then its the rear main seal. Your need to drop the transmission and clutch/tq convert system to get to it. Its behind the flywheel.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Its dry near the crank just wet on the transmission side.
Yeah see the crank goes end to end, just referencing the bump in the gasket, block, and pan. Sounds like what I said based on your other posts, get a flash light, clean up the spot, while your looking under there look up the gap between the tranns and block where the pan is and see if you see black sticking out anywhere.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That just might be your issue right there. Those things don't need hardly any torque to seal. Did you add a little of RTV in the half-moon shaped corners of the gasket?
No I just used rtv to hold the gasket in place. I had to change it in the street with cars driving by because of the stupid HOA wont let me do it in the parking lot. Its leaking less than it was so I think Ill just live with it for now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts