Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since im running aluminum charge piping, i cant flare the ends because the aluminum will split. I was thinking i could run a tall and thick line of jb weld all the way around each end of pipe and let it dry......then the coupling would have something the keep it from popping off.

would this work?

thanks

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
since im running aluminum charge piping, i cant flare the ends because the aluminum will split. I was thinking i could run a tall and thick line of jb weld all the way around each end of pipe and let it dry......then the coupling would have something the keep it from popping off.

would this work?

thanks
seems like that would increase potential for boost leaks, maybe if you sealed it on there with the jbweld still wet...

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
seems like that would increase potential for boost leaks, maybe if you sealed it on there with the jbweld still wet...
i dont see why it would increase potential for boost leaks......im not talking about jb welding the pipe together....

I am talking about maybe 1/2" in on the pipe, run a line of jb weld all around it. Then after it dries, put the coupler past the line and put the t bolt clamp beind the weld as well and tighten it down. That wayif the pipe starts to slip, the weld would stop it.

sorry, its hard for me to explain......but do you sorta get the idea?

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just want to know if a bead line of jb weld will work and hold up like i want it to and keep piping from blowing couplings?

·
Registered
157 Posts
If You Live Close To Milwaukee, Wi I Can Tig Weld Them Together For You

·
CR-Vtakin
your mom
11,459 Posts
I have never had a coupler pop off in over a year. I am running good t bolt clamps and have had no issues. nothing of mine has a bead rolled edge.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BUT, would it work? Im going to be running in the neighborhood of 20psi..........and i have tbolt clamps

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Man i can't stand your avitar, i feel for the poor girl on the back who had a retard for a boyfriend.
Should of held on better or just not have done it in the first place.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
maybe if you scuff up the area that the jb-weld is going to be on, it should work like a bead rolled edge.
yeah, thats what i would do id scuff the edge......

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You could find a local shop that has a tig and get everything you can tiged and just t-bolt the rest really good
there is no local shops that tig weld aluminum.........so thats out. I would have to drive over an hor to go to anywhere that does.

i think jb weld will work just fine...i guess well see though

1 - 20 of 24 Posts