Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well was lookin at the canister an 1 of the nipples broke off below the hose on top that says pcv was wonderin how to remove it properly an which hoses to cap off an re reoute

·
Premium Member
5,819 Posts
iirc theres 3 hoses on it,cap two of them and leave the one for the gas tank vent open...

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
iirc theres 3 hoses on it,cap two of them and leave the one for the gas tank vent open...
I wouldn't leave the gas tank vent open, one spark and boom! Asking for trouble. I just capped it off and been running it take way for years.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok lol cap off gas vent an the other 2 is there anythin else on a d15b2 I can take out I'm removin ac due to lack of room for second fan due to header. An for the fact idk if its been converted to r134

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
You can ditch the entire system even the canister its self and cap the line going to the canister from the fuel take if you have a gas cap that can relive pressure most obd1 cars have this gas cap stock obd0 usually don't. If you look at the system 1 goes to purge 1 to fresh air 1 to tank. The fresh air one however dose not leak fuel vapor the canister is a fuel vapor filter.

With obd0 or obd1 ecus you will receive no codes related to removing the parts. On obd2 cars they incorporated a fuel tank pressure sensor and you will receive a check engine light. Also found out your state laws on emission some time you have to have the canister installed and hooked up to pass.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts