Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - so we finished putting in a D16A6 into our car, and for now we've removed the charcoal canister. There's a vent line that runs to the canister, and then back from the canister to the gas tank. Can those be capped off, or do they need to be vented elsewhere? What's the best way to handle them?

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
I would not suggest capping the vent line for the fuel tank. The tank will have gases that need to escape and if you cap it, they will stay in the tank until you open the gas cap.

I've actually had my fuel tank audibly decompress after releasing the gas cap on a hot day when I had the evap system disabled and the vent line capped.

I would suggest extending a hose down out of the engine bay to allow the fuel tank to vent. I would further suggest putting some kind of push-in filter to prevent debris, moisture, or bugs from getting up into that line.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,267 Posts
Is it a show car that doesn't get driven and a clean firewall is desired?

No? Put the damn canister back in then. It's a simple emission equipment piece has no effect on performance.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
It actually gives a smidgeon better fuel mileage as well, compared to deleted, purely from allowing vapors to return to liquid form eventually.

Tank decompression was mentioned. That happens even with a properly working system. I can only imagine how often and worse it is with a capped line lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts