Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been doing some researching and have been contemplating doing this... I did a D15B VTEC swap into my CRX Si, the engine doesnt have a EVAP purge, so the line from my canister is plugged... So I assume the canister isnt even working anyways? Or is it? If its not doing anything but taking up space, I would like to get rid of it... But if its doing something to help clean the environment, I will keep it... I just dont see the point in keeping it if its not doing anything...

Anyways, here is a picture of a setup similar to mine now:

Alot of the write ups on the subject say to just unhook the line from the firewall and leave it unplugged and fumes vent into engine bay (not really what I want), and to cap off the hole on the TB where the red braided line is... Now my question is, could I just take the slim red hose from the firewall and plug it directly into the TB and totally by pass the canister? Or would this cause problems? My understanding is the canister sends these gas fumes to the TB anyways to be burnt, correct? So in theory, I wouldn't think it would cause any problems...

Anyways, any help is appreciated... :TU:

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
i dont have on on my vehical....anymore. But I know for sure that the hose comming of the map sencor had to be connected to somewhere on your TB. The tube that comes out of the firewall is open in my car. Nothing had gone wrong.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, my TB has the MAP ontop of it... I forgot to mention I converted to OBD1... But I also have the small nipple there for the red hose from the canister...

·
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER
10,488 Posts
Sounds good to me. Shit I'm bout's to just run the hose from the firewall directly to the TB.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,630 Posts
just think all that FREE gas your wasting by not having the canister hooked up.

NO gains by not running it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts