Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm doing a red LED conversion on my EF with an Si cluster.

I have my old DX cluster in front of me, and there are 11 white #74 bulbs in total on it. They are in the black twist holders.

There are also 2 medium sized brown twist holders, with bulbs with the blue rubber condoms on them. I can't make out the size on them.

Finally there are 3 big brown holders with 158 on the bulbs (a few other numbers and letters too but I think that's the size, 158) and these bulbs also have the blue rubber condoms on them.

My question is, do I need to change these to red too to make it look best?
And if so, what are their sizes, and where can I get them.

I'll be buying the #74s from here:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/specs/74_t15.htm

But I don't see any other twist lock size available.

TY in advance.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I did alot of searching and found a bunch of people saying they did that but I want to actually change everything to LED, having a mix of LED and sharpied bulbs probably wouldn't have the same effect as all of them LED.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah I did alot of searching and found a bunch of people saying they did that but I want to actually change everything to LED, having a mix of LED and sharpied bulbs probably wouldn't have the same effect as all of them LED.
i saw a thred where they guy sprayed it with testors compition orange it looked good. i have the link. just dont know how to add it to a post. i'm gonna try it with blue paint on my eg.

·
R2.....Zap Balls
94 Ex coupe
5,186 Posts
I put led's in mine and it looks great. the bigger led's fit fine with no problems. Just do a search, I posted some pics a little while back with the dash lit up at night. They look kinda dim in the pics, but they are brighter in person.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I put led's in mine and it looks great. the bigger led's fit fine with no problems. Just do a search, I posted some pics a little while back with the dash lit up at night. They look kinda dim in the pics, but they are brighter in person.
Hm, just did another search and saw the pic thread.

http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=42777&highlight=cluster

So the bigger bulbs can be replaced with the #74s too. Good info, that wasn't mentioned in any of the other threads I found here and on h-t.

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
not to thread jack but does anyone know where in the hell i can get the blue rubber cover that goes over the stock bulbs.

When i changed the climate control bulbs in mine, the blue rubber things ripped when i tried to get them off to use on my new bulbs, im guessing because they had been on there for 10 years.

Now my climate control is yellow instead of the "white" color that the blue cover gave.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts