Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for info on auto-x setups and what works for 6th gen civics? any 6th gen drivers auto-x in their car? what did you find the best setup for running or did you not mess with the settings?

I was thinking of either doing it before i begin running in the events or go out and race a couple of them and than alter it as i see fit.

·
Premium Member
2000 Civic DX hatch
202 Posts
I'm not an auto crosser, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would say if you've never driven in an event before, just go and drive, because the alignment settings won't do anything for you until you know how to maintain your line and are starting to get how to maintain momentum/speed through the twisties.

·
Registered
636 Posts
i auto-x some and ive heard the same thing over and over again. run 1/16 in toe in for better turn in but as andy2000 said go out and drive and adjust for your prefered camber adjustment.

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what i was thinking, just wait until afterwards lol.

·
Premium Member
2000 Civic DX hatch
202 Posts
Like i say, i have no personal experience, but it seems like every time any question about autocross set-ups come up, the seasoned veterans shoot down the noob questions with "Just go drive your damn car and worry about that when you get good enough for it to make a difference."

Not hatin on the auto cross guys, because it seems like pretty sound advice to me. We're always looking for the advantage before we ever even attempt something for the first time. Guilty of it myself.

·
D-series wise guy
2,858 Posts
Do you mean TOE-OUT? Because toe-in will decrease turn in, but improve turn-exit.

To improve turn-in, you get toe-out. Downside is toe-out decreases turn-exit.

i auto-x some and ive heard the same thing over and over again. run 1/16 in toe in for better turn in but as andy2000 said go out and drive and adjust for your prefered camber adjustment.

·
Premium Member
2000 Civic DX hatch
202 Posts
We're talking about front wheels only here right?

/ \

| | Toe in, right? I thought this increased turn in because of the weight shifting to the outside tire? Oh, but i guess the weight doesn't shift until you're into the turn.

\ /

| | So toe out (like this model, right?) increases turn in because your inside tire is already biased that direction, is that the theory behind it?

·
Registered
999 Posts
notice he AUTOx some*

i would run your car couple events and talk to the more expereince guys out preferred sts honda guys... those guys usaully know what to do... remember if its still street driven
you may want to keep the alignment tame, having toe out in the front will wear the tires down, for now i would just run the camber u get just from lowering *u dont need a camber kit yet* then set the the rears to 0 toe and the front to what you prefer toedout*

·
Registered
97 Honda Civic
1,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks again fellas :TU:
i am guilty of modding before i even found a track deficiency.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts