Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Honda CRX Si
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my brakes haven't been so hot... Pedal goes to the floor with no resistance so I assumed the brake master cylinder. Changed the cylinder, bled all the brakes til clear fluid ran and no bubbles... applied some pressure to the pedal and tightened each bleed bolt down. I did this process on each tire, individualy, not all at once, LOL.

Pedal does the same damn thing! Did I do something wrong? Brake booster? Brakes feel worse than before.

Please help, I'm gettin pissed. :thinking:

·
Registered
296 Posts
having that problem right now. how did you bleed the MC lines? is there something seperate you do over bleeding at each wheel?

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
having that problem right now. how did you bleed the MC lines? is there something seperate you do over bleeding at each wheel?
its called a "bench bleed"

you hook up some old brake lines, fill the MC, then bend the lines up and into the MC res. they must be below the level of fluid for it to work correctly.

just pump the MC by pushing the plunger in. (i just hold the MC, and push the entire unit against a bench or wall or something sturdy)

you will see bubbles come out of the lines for a bit... when the bubbles stop you are good to go.

:bigok:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Well i didnt replace my MC. But Its been sitting for a while and there was no fluid in the MC or brake lines. So I never actually took the MC out, but I guess its still possible that it needs 'bench bleed'? or should I be looking elsewhere for my problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts