Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking for ideas.... i put in a new heater core, both in / out hoses are hot at running temp... valve is open.. but no heat. I bled the system via the bleeder screw. I am out of ideas and it's getting cold out here in New Hampshire.

thanks for any input..

·
I no longer haz teh pink eye! Iz got STINK EYE
3,332 Posts
T mack did you have any air blowing? he didnt specify if the motor was either not working or just blowing out cold air. so i dunno good advice, easy to change though.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
T mack did you have any air blowing? he didnt specify if the motor was either not working or just blowing out cold air. so i dunno good advice, easy to change though.
Im guessing its not blowing air??
Heater motor is located under the glove box to the left, dis-conect the electrical conector and take out the 3 screws holding it in.

·
Im Bringing TSEXY Back!
^^Look up
5,468 Posts
T mack did you have any air blowing?
I guess I did'nt answer that one.
It was raining out I had the heater on de-fog when it all of a sudden I heard this really strange noise I never heard before. It took me a second to realize it was coming from the heater, then it just blew and quit working?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The blower is working ok, and seems to transition well --- from defrost, to floor, recirc... etc... Bumpy, I have the valve setup so I have to manually adjust it from inside the engine bay, and it's position is set opposite of the "shut" arrow.... so it should be wide open but obviously something is not right.... unless you are talking about something else...

·
3,332 Posts
well to get hot air blowing you need the water valve on the firewall set to either half way or full open, and then the blend door set to fully warm. should be a cable if you get under the passenger side and look where the heater core is should be a cable, pull it the opposite way and see if that works.

that was the problem on my end, i had the valve all the way open but it was still cold, i move the cable from behind the dash and bam worked perfectly. good luck

·
Registered
96 civic coupe d16y7
262 Posts
well to get hot air blowing you need the water valve on the firewall set to either half way or full open, and then the blend door set to fully warm. should be a cable if you get under the passenger side and look where the heater core is should be a cable, pull it the opposite way and see if that works.

that was the problem on my end, i had the valve all the way open but it was still cold, i move the cable from behind the dash and bam worked perfectly. good luck

hey thanks soo much man,i was having the same problem in my dx and did the above and heat came right on,its sad bc i made a thread about this bout a month ago and no one would help

·
3,332 Posts
lol glad to hear you guys got it working. man i had the same problem and bugged the crap out of me. :) having a heater that works is great hahah

1 - 11 of 11 Posts