Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an L3 CRX Si 40mm transmission, I rebuilt the transmission a year ago and I took it apart to replace the differential with my new LSD. It came apart easy, and I checked the differential bearing end play and got it to the correct clearance.

When I tried to put it back together I can tell it's hitting near the main shaft. It shifts and rotates good, but when I start tightening the case down it won't shift and input shaft won't move. The side with the differential seems fine because with the bolts loose I can push down on that side and the cases touch no problem.

I took the bearing that goes on top of the main shaft off, and put the case on. I tightened the case bolts down and it shifted fine and rotated fine, so obviously there is something wrong with that bearing. I tried installing it with the bearing, but without the oil guide plate (plastic plate) and the snap ring spacer, but I still got the same binding problem before. I can't figure out why the bearing is causing this.

I figured maybe the bearing was upside down, but when I flipped it over the bearing wouldn't even go into the case so I assume it's slightly tapered or something, and I had it the correct way. What do you think is wrong? Everything is the same so it should go back together fine. Please help this is holding me back from doing other things.

·
Registered
1991 Honda CRX
3,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry I should of posted pictures to begin with. In the first picture is this what you are talking about? Should the hub be even with the sleeve or stick up slightly like this? Thank you.

Attachments

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
^Yep, you need to start by pushing that shift fork selector and gear down over that synchro. Mis-alignment issue it appears.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts