Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i changed my a/c in my 94 civic lx 4 door to a 99 integer gsr to get a filter. i built the motor and never changed anything in my a/c cuz it always worked. but after pushing more boost the a/c started to get hot when i was pushing it. then the a/c stopped working. so i changed anything in the a/c. (compressor, condenser, evaporator, expansion valve, drier, belt, high and low lines, you name it and it was changed) i also went wild with DEI (design engineering) i got Titanium Turbo Shield, Titanium wrap for down pipe, and Fire Wrap with Heat Shroud for the a/c lines. then went to honda and got ALL the seals and foam. also got the filter for a 99 CR-V.

here is the link i used to make the filter happen......
How-To DIY: Cabin Air Filter retrofit for certain 92-95 / delSol / 96-00 Civic models - Honda-Tech

at the end.... super cold air. i was pushing the car hard on this off road we have around the house and the a/c never got even a little hot.

here are some pic's, need to remake the wastegate pipe now cuz the lines are so fat from the Fire Wrap and Heat Shroud.

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good job but doubt you had to change out everything.
Also how is your ac at idle?
i KNOW i didn't have to change everything out. i only had a leak. could have found the leak and called it a day. but I've changed EVERYTHING else under the hood as i was just like fuck it. lets just changed out the whole a/c and everything under the hood is new. so i did.

with the idle, i feel like i have one of the best tuners you can get here in orlando. colombia is his name. and with this edelbrock performer x there no idle control. but he made it happen on the tuning end. and turn out mading a great tune with and without a/c. idle is a little high without 1,300 and 1050-1100 with a/c

1 - 4 of 4 Posts