Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I change my oil every 8k, I'm running Mobil1 0W-30, my job requires a lot of traveling so I am basically changing my oil every 4-5 weeks. My new apartment complex will kick me out if they see me crawling under my car to change my oil. I tried using a hand pump that goes down the dipstick tube, but I wasn't confident that all of the old oil was removed so I pulled the plug and found an extra quart waiting.

I don't have access to a garage, I don't want to pay for a quick lube place to do something I can do at a quarter of the price. I hear bad things about Fram's quick drain fittings. Does anyone have/use a pump that actually works through the dipstick, I was considering buying a 12V pump that has a 7 liter reservoir. Any ideas or should I continue doing 1 am oil changes?

·
Registered
68 Camaro
4,583 Posts
that sounds like trying to stuff 10 pounds of shit into a 5 pound box.

just buy some of those cheap drive on car ramps

·
Registered
the short bus
1,065 Posts
Ive seen people drive up on the curbs and slide under the car in the auto parts store parking lot. Its kinda funny but it works. Just go behind a store where a loading dock is and if anyone asks just say youre having problems and they should leave you alone lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
i vote to go to the carwash. has a nice handy drain ringt in the middle. just dont loose the plug. lol jk DON'T do that.

just get a big funnel and gollon jug then go anywhere to do it.

·
Pew Pew!
EJ6
3,509 Posts
Ive seen people drive up on the curbs and slide under the car in the auto parts store parking lot. Its kinda funny but it works. Just go behind a store where a loading dock is and if anyone asks just say youre having problems and they should leave you alone lol
ive done this. LOL but thats when i was skinnier LOL. too fluffy now to do that. :pinch:

·
endo_bobo
1998 Civic Sedan
877 Posts
I used to do this at home with my dad all the time.

·
No Tune No Life!
99 Supercharge Regal
2,045 Posts
do it in a random parking lot get one of those drain pans that seal up and do it at walmart or something. Fuck when i use to work at advance auto back in the day we had guys do it all the time in the parking lot.

·
Registered
huh?
1,315 Posts
^or just do it on the street. ive changed my oil parked on the street infront of my old apt....i painted my falcon there to...lol

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Auto parts store back lot, When done with the used oil, pour it into the new container and just hand it back to the store to recycle.

·
Registered
eg9
344 Posts
just drain the oil in a random location fill up then drive away the oil will find its way back into the earth where it originally came from. dont worry about the water supply that shits filtered

·
Registered
178 Posts
1 question why would they kick you out for working on your car?
one would think as long as it is not up on blocks for the time your living
there. It would not be a problem.

otherwise, park it on a curb, drain it in to the rain gutter, and your good to go.
lol kidding on that, or am I?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts