Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
936 Posts
easiest way but not recommended: drain coolent, take off timing belt from camgear,take off header screws and pull header off without taking it off where it connects to the catylac(y8), take off headstuds, lift till head is off dowels, tilt head back, take off old gasket, put new one one, reinstall...again not recommended.

·
Registered
CRX, Wrangler
397 Posts
easiest way but not recommended: drain coolent, take off timing belt from camgear,take off header screws and pull header off without taking it off where it connects to the catylac(y8), take off headstuds, lift till head is off dowels, tilt head back, take off old gasket, put new one one, reinstall...again not recommended.
What about the intake manifold mounting bracket?

-Des!

·
Registered
943 Posts
How many people do this? It may explain all the recuring h/g problems I read about. :)

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
^^^^JUST DO IT CHRIS, DONT BE SCURRED....lol

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
...It is totaly pointless to change a HG if you dont clean the head and block surface! If you are lucky, it may work but.....

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,252 Posts
45 minutes, had to do in 2002 on the Z6 after swapping melted pistons out.

Figured even with the new/used Y8 slugs motor was toast, reused the Z6 HG.

It ran GREAT, only .01 slower with 20 psi low in #3.....so in order to go back to running nitrous I had to put a fresh HG on.....went 13.10 to my best of 13.09 right before it melted a piston......

MLS gaskets are great, no major scraping......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts