Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Eg Sedan
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this.
I had my mechanic change my timing belt + components, just because I know we have interference engines and didn't want to risk it since I'm not a good mechanic(yet). At 2400-2600 rpm and I put the gas pedal to the floor, I hear a loud chain sounding noise. Like a chain rattling. Sadly my mechanic also does open header v8 racing, so his hearing isn't that great. I hear the noise clearly and so does everyone else in the vehicle as well. Any suggestions what this could be? I've checked for loose items but can't find any. Didn't make this noise before the belt change either.

·
Premium Member
93 Civic del Sol Si
1,278 Posts
It's pretty much impossible to try and guess anything without at least a video... And even then it might be hard to tell without being there in person to try and pin point the source of the noise.

Can you tell at all where about the sound could be coming from? Engine bay, under the car, inside the car? Does the sound happen only when driving, or can you replicate the sound with the car sitting still in neutral/park?

Take the highest quality video you can and post it, then we might be able to help.

·
Registered
92 EG, 88 ST165 WRC
410 Posts
Pedal to the floor? First suguesstion would be to check timing; you may be hearing pinging from incorrect air-fuel ratio... aka timing is a tooth or two off. You don't have to be a "good mechanic" to read a manual and follow directions; people ask me "is there anything you can't do" and I say "no, there's only things I haven't learned yet".

Always learn.

But check that timing.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb/ 01 GSR
1,918 Posts
Knock man. I know when my motor knocks bad i discribe it as it sounds like a 3/8 chain in my cylinder head. Check timing or see if the service jumper is still jumped from checking timing

1 - 4 of 4 Posts