Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Civic, crv, titan
1,505 Posts
cheap carbon hoods suck, they dont fit right-sometimes you HAVE to use hood pins!, the edges arent rolled, no factory latch, usually just a fiberglass hood with a single carbon overlay. no uv protection in the clear coat which means it will fade or spot. You can usually tell a good carbon hood because even the underside of the hood is carbon, the lower grades are just black fiber glass.

Although I will say this contrary to popular belief, carbon hoods (even the better hodds like VIS, Fiber Images) do dent in a hail storm!!

·
Hondaphile
see above
1,113 Posts
the main reason it's cheap is because of the shipping.....that and it's a cheap piece...probably has no bracing underneath

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
I got a VIS oem style hood on ebay for about 300 bucks, and it does have a few flaws in it but I love it....... not bad, hail prolly would make the hood dent, but it would have to be some big hail, carbon is pretty strong stuff.....

·
Registered
88 CrX Si
222 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
i ahve a cheap one.. has 1 fault in it.. fits good and looks good..
main reason for it LESS weight and my old one was rusty and dent

·
Registered
466 Posts
i would love one too........better to buy off of here prolly or someone you know.....

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I just got a zc-crx cf hood for $100 off some local kid.
It's got some minor scratches on it (but my car ain't pretty anyway) and it's one of those fiberglass with CF overlay... It does however have the rolled edges and the latch mount seems durable...
But it looks really good regardless and it's light as hell! Probably shed about 20 pounds off my car. :razz:

cheap ebay stuff is just that... cheap. that hood is probably a major POS.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts