Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering where i can get my log mani and dp ect coated for a good price......

btw in nj

also not sure if in the right area but didnt think it fell under eng building.... i dunno

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Anyone local that powder coats can probably help you with this . also that way there no shipping

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone local that powder coats can probably help you with this . also that way there no shipping
thats what im hoping for....ie no shipping

but powder only withstands up to lik 600 deg
and that wont cut it for boost temps:( wish it would tho) i actually thought about buying the kit from eastwood

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
1,374 Posts

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
VHT flameproof.... have had my header sprayed with this stuff for almost 6 months and it looks as good as day one.and only cost 11 bucks a can just an idea
will that keep temps down...i mean shit im down with diy......its what i do paint work/body work ect so 11 bucks is nice hell even 22 for 2 cans......and where do you get like autozone?

·
Want access???
98 Hx Coupe
12,304 Posts
will that keep temps down...i mean shit im down with diy......its what i do paint work/body work ect so 11 bucks is nice hell even 22 for 2 cans......and where do you get like autozone?
I had gotten mine for a speed shop but ive seen it at auto zone ...if you do go it direction follow the directions

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had gotten mine for a speed shop but ive seen it at auto zone ...if you do go it direction follow the directions
ya ill prob get it blasted first if i go this route

good looks!

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i think that stuff just makes it look pretty, but doesnt help for heat temps.

have you thought about header wrap? ive wrapped my hand around a turbo header of a running car with this stuff.

·
www.rifftrax.com
1996 Civic Ex Sedan
1,517 Posts
i think that stuff just makes it look pretty, but doesnt help for heat temps.

have you thought about header wrap? ive wrapped my hand around a turbo header of a running car with this stuff.
+1

thats what i used. it makes for a very noticeable drop in under hood temps but wrapping it around a log manifold can be a pita.

·
Registered
681 Posts
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

High heat with ceramic! Up to 1200 intermittently...maybe worth a shot?
I tried that stuff on my old 4-1 header it looks like crap i even followed the oven bake cure process then put it on the car and cycled it rust all over it I am going to try the vht when I go to do it again. Just got to get access to a sand blaster to clean it again. I used it on the exhaust on my other car turned out nice if i wasn't using a ssac mani that needs repair every once in awhile i would lay some on it as well

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I check around and see if i can find someone local for ya.
thanks!

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/engine.html

High heat with ceramic! Up to 1200 intermittently...maybe worth a shot?
ya thats mainly for the block and head....like it will not chip/peel if it hits 1200 like once lol but on a header i wouldnt trust......good looks tho!
+1

thats what i used. it makes for a very noticeable drop in under hood temps but wrapping it around a log manifold can be a pita.
ya thats what i was useing on my ss-autocrap but was ust wanting to clean up the eng bay a bit more.... i think im gonna do black for the color...the shiny shit dont impress me.....maybe for the compressor housing but i dont know if i want to take it apart again...i might just get it a blanket........I think im going to wrap my charge piping tho to hopefully drop my iat a bit..along with a cryo2 intercooler sprayer:)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts