Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was reading about how superchargers and turbo chargers work because im a noobie, and i found a company that sells centrifugal superchargers. i was wondering if anyone is running them or if anyone knows anything about them. they seem pretty cool and i think i might get one later on when i can afford it for my car. heres a link to the site where i found em if u wanna take a look http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/
anyone know about these or have one?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alrighty, well i dont plan on goin too high of boost with this car, its just going to be the reliable daily driver that i can have fun with once and a while and look pretty. i havent decided what im going to do after this car yet, i was thinking an electric drag car, but im unsure.

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
worthless on our little engines. Maybe on a 302 ford or an LSx motor, but our hondas need all the power they can get, so using something that requires HP to make HP is worthless on a honda

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
one the vortech doesnt make a kit for our d-series. I've seen guys run the jrsc and a vortech on their b18's and they usually prefer the jrsc, if you want to go over 200hp just go turbo, its alot cheaper. I mean you can make over 200hp but the parts would have to be custom made and not worth it imo. if you want a 160-200hp car get a jrsc but anything over that go w/ a smaller size turbo, they'll spool up fast enough for you.

btw jrsc have to be bought used for our cars ranging from $600 to $1000

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
i have a friend that makes over 450 with a vortech on his built b16
yeah you can make more boost on them compared to the root style jrsc's just most people i know who had them weren't happy w/ the cost to hp ratio. now a used jrsc my other friends were happier with the money to power ratio. but still no vortech for a d-series unless hes going to do a swap and has some mad money.

·
Registered
73 Posts
pretty much the only application for a Supercharger is Autocross or heavy mountain driving/ daily driving with no maintenance (check check triple check!)

if you want pure power go with a Turbo, but the Torque of A SC is sexy.

if you want to crush random crappy cars the SC is also good

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
i agree go turbo , SC is only good for low hp numbers.

·
Registered
187 Posts
if you want to be different, there is so much custom shit you can do when turbocharging ur ride for example; at HIN chicago i seen a 95 coupe with the turbo mounted in the front bumper it was awsome the way they did it. granted thats not a DD application but theres a lot u can do!!!!!! GL W/ it

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Like someone said above, Vortech doesnt make a kit for the D series.

But a buddy of mine has a vortech blower on a built b16 in his crx and it made 290whp on 8.5psi with no aftercooler and hes had no problems what so ever... and it fucking rips too!

The only decent engine shot i could fine. :p

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
just get a turbo kit. nuff sed!

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
and less maintenance too, upkeep is easier. superchargers can be like a needy ex-wife sometimes.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts