Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced the front braking system on my 07 Matrix and got all new shit for it. RockAuto.com was my source for my parts. Overall I am impressed with the quality and of the calipers and rotors for the price point, they came packed very well and the pads even had a block of foam to prevent them from falling out of the caliper. The Pads themselves had OEM style shims with grease on them (a plus for an OEM nut like me) and every nut, bolt and cap was new on the caliper. The rotor was powder coated black in the hub and the cooling edge to prevent rest and make it look good.

Overall I would recommend them to anyone that has a daily car that needs from front brakes refreshed. I have read that Centric uses good quality stuff when making there rotors/calipers and so far I like them.

I will update this thread in a few weeks with a report on break in/noise and wheel dust. I keep my car clean so wheel dust may be hard to track but I honestly don't expect any problems with them.

PRICE EDIT:
Calipers $51.79 ea (plus $30 core)
Rotors $31.79 ea

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
Centric is a great company that produces parts for many OEM companies and offers many great aftermarket parts as well. I've used centric powerslot rotors with posi quiet ceramic pads on the heavy J30t and have had no issues hard braking on the road and at highway speed.

Rockauto is likely the best place to find them for the best price and they have a ton of options whether you want blank, slotted, drilled, or e coated.

·
Premium Member
90 crx si/96 accord
788 Posts
Hmmm...I've seen the centric stuff pop up on one of the parts stores I order from, but they never have anything in stock, in for the review

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So far after a week I see no brake dust and no noise from pads at all. Had to get on the brakes hard yesterday and no issues, still feels like new. Will continue to update, I will take a pic outside later today, I haven't washed my car all week.

EDIT: Forgot to take pic when I went out a few minutes ago but the front wheels were just as dirty as the rear with the finger test and the rear is drums so no dust from them.

·
Premium Member
537 Posts
I did all 4 corners on my Legacy GT with Centric rotors (Standard rotors) and pads (Premium Semi-Metallic) last year. I have had no issues with them after a little over 8000 miles. Wear has been even, and there is no scoring.

They seem to be great bang for the buck. I was up in the air over the standard rotor vs the premium, but the standard has held up well even with the semi-metallic pads.

·
\/Your Mom Was Here\/
Vibe GT
4,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About 20 days in. No noise from the brakes what so ever! Dust is absolutely minimal, about the same as OEM pads and the dust is does produce is light in color and easily removed with a wash or rag. The rotors are holding up and still look like shiny smooth discs.

Pics of wheels, 2,000 miles without any washing (very rainy this past week):

Front:

Close up of front, wiped my finger to show dust:

Rear, also wiped my finger to show dust (rear is drum so no brake dust):

So yeah I like and would suggest them to anyone for a DD car.

Attachments

·
Tape-R taper/driver
EC3, ED8, ED9, EE5
574 Posts
The Tape-R endurance races on Centric rotors and reman'd calipers and has since its beginning in 2012.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
The posi quiet ceramic pads did not last me that long on the heavy Infiniti but the slotted rotors are still good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts