Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 DelSol S, 95 DelSol Si, 01 Odyssey EX, 04 CRV EX
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After hours of searching, and lots of heartache about why I can't seem to get my datalogging cable to work, I ran across this pic of the cable that I have (side note: this is the cable for an LG/Audiovox phone.... but the nokia driver installs fine):

Now, I checked my wiring to the ECU, and it seems to check out..... so I am now completely stumped as to why I can not get ECUControl to read for datalogging... the driver is installed correctly, and I do have ecucontrol setup.... but it is still unclear about comport settings in ECUControl AND the windows device manager.

Anyone got some insight?

BTW: this is a good pic with pinouts for ppl, cause I found it after over 3 hours of searching for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
do you have the j12 jumper cut?
you supposidly need to remove it for ecucontrol, chrome, and hondata....
I have hondata and still the j12 and it works, so who knows.....
but i would try removing the j12 just to see.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
yeah, look up the com port that it gets assigned to under your device manager. Mine alternates between COM3 and COM4 when i plug it in...

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope... it was set COM3 every time...

I cut J4 cause i have a JDM P08.

The driver is installed correctly... (when plugged in I have to "update driver..." to get the real driver in there)

I am mainly having problems with ECUControl not getting any data from the com port...

I have yet to see a set of default com port settings for windows and ecucontrol.....

some say 19200, some say 38400 some say 2400..... it's a bitch... i've tried lots of combinations.... in the device manager, and in ECUControl.

As for the port showing up on com3/4 at different times.... just remember your drivers are installed per-device... per-usb port plugged into.... that could be your com3/4 bug....

ECUControl shows it's connected to the COM port, but it gets no data still.....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
csaddict said:
pinouts for all cell phone cables by model can be found here: http://pinouts.ru/

If you are sure its wired correctly check the Port assignment. You mostlikely have to forced the port.

you can't find that prolific chip's board pinout on pinouts.ru.... only the cellphone plug end... which i don't have...

I have the usb/circuit side of the cable... ot the side that plugs into the phone... kinda useless this website is for me....

·
Registered
784 Posts
I never understood why people dick around with these cables. Superdroid cable for the guys with RS232(aka serial) ports and Moates cable for those with USB cables. You spend $5-10 more but you save yourself hours of time trouble shooting bullshit issues.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bigwig said:
I never understood why people dick around with these cables. Superdroid cable for the guys with RS232(aka serial) ports and Moates cable for those with USB cables. You spend $5-10 more but you save yourself hours of time trouble shooting bullshit issues.

I had this cell cable lying around for about a year from an old cell I once had... normally Ill save things like this cause it will have a future use... Like this cable....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still having trouble...

that cable shows DTR/RTS etc.... do i need to loop these like a null modem cable to get it to work right?

Im gonna take my ecu out again (ostrich is working again... it turns out I don't need to send it in anymore =) and double check the wiring...

Ill double check the wire the tx on the cable to the rx on the ecu, the rx on the cable to the tx on the ecu... and I know the ground is correct. The cable I took apart had the ground and the metal sleve connected to each other already.

When I double checked the wires before i installed the ecu again recently, the colors matched up to the picture referenced above.

Anyone have any more input? It's really bothering me that I can do RTP but can't log for shit....

·
Live,love,laugh,be real
96' Accord Wagon
5,973 Posts
this is 8 years old, hopefully it will help others again...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.