Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1996 Civic Hatchback
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
-Edit- Im an idiot, I read the code wrong, throwing code 22 - VTEC pressure valve. I have it wired off of the wire for my vtec solenoid, branching from the solenoid wire at the harness by the ecu. I read this would work, or is this wrong?

·
Registered
1996 Civic Hatchback
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Redid the wiring for the solenoid, patched to the correct pin on the ecu, wired from an OEM solenoid plug now, grounded and connected properly. Still have code 22 after clearing the ECU. Any idea how I would fix this? The pressure switch worked fine on the previous car.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
pressure switch must also be grounded to the chassis by the other wire hanging off it.

the solenoid only has 1 wire. I think you got them mixed up. 1-wire plug goes to A4. Two wire plug (one of the wires) goes to D6 and the other goes to ground.

·
Registered
1996 Civic Hatchback
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the solenoid wired directly into the ecu harness, I cut the plug off of it. I dont think that is a problem because its only throwing the code for the pressure switch. I have the other wire run to d6 at the ecu and grounded properly using an OEM pigtail on the connector. I will tripple check the wiring for the pressure switch and see if there is some way I may have mixed it up. Could this be a sign of a bad burn or problem with the vtec conversion hardware itself? This was originally a p06.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts