Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, well I got my car's CEL checked and the scan tool said it was the EGR system malfunctioning, code something 1456??? I dont know my buddy said its prolly just a bad hose or a hose might have came off the EGR port....??? does that sound right??? thanks guys

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have one of those, but why would the scan tool read that?? I wonder what is wrong then????

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Did you burn that chip yourself? It could be a bad burn. Try doing it again.

What are your AFRs during idle? Mine idles like crap if its any leaner than 15:1

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honda4VW said:
EGR=a little different on the ex trim model. It should be attached the fuel rail, just as a little selenoid with a hose going in and out.
its not, I cant find the damn thing....

·
Registered
9,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know its an EX, it has every single power option, sun/moonroof and what not, I just dont know where that EGR thing is......

·
Registered
314 Posts
The EGR valve and vacuum line are just below the tb, and a litle to the left, there is 2 vac lines, one of them is for the egr, which run from there to the manifold, and the line runs right between the 2nd and 3 runner, not the pcv, which goes under the mani, this one ends right there, next to the head, right where the mani bolts to the head. if you look at that first pic in the post, you can see the vac line running between the 2nd and 3rd injectors, thats it right there. inside the mani when you take it off, youll see 4 small holes, one running to each port, thats where the egr comes in at. youll also notice a buildup of carbon or other brownish oily looking sludge from the gasses.

this will not cause the car to idle funny, as i have done removed this hose because of aftermarket manis, if anything it makes a little more power, because of cleaner air, and not old exhaust.

K

·
0 Posts
Unless I missed something He said his DTC was a 1456. A 1456 indicates a evap leak that is concerning the tank area. Usualy this means a loose fuel cap. I also know that the 96-00 civics were notorious for having the bypass solonoids failing, but if my memory serves me correctly this type of a failure would cause a 1457 which indicates a evap leak in the canister area of the evaporative system. If the car is truely a EX (D16Y8) model then it is NOT equiped with any type of an EGR system. NOX emissions were not a problem in the d-series motors so honda did not incorperate them on most of the models. The models that did see a EGR system were normaly the HX models that were set up and advertised for ULEV emisions and high fuel ecconomy.

Hope this helps.
Probable cause is a loose fuel filler cap or a failed Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor.

·
Registered
983 Posts
MyblkVTEC said:
Hey guys, well I got my car's CEL checked and the scan tool said it was the EGR system malfunctioning, code something 1456??? I dont know my buddy said its prolly just a bad hose or a hose might have came off the EGR port....??? does that sound right??? thanks guys
Um just to let you know that code is for an EVAP leak... I'd start by just checking to see if the gas cap is tight and reset the light!

·
Registered
civic dx
223 Posts
to the above, not just tighten the cap pressure test it too. it has a one way check valve and should hold a set amount of pressure it can hold. if its too low you need a new cap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts